I hate when that happens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when that happens!

first booter i've been to this year didn't get that much worth talking about, although i could have come home with a real gem, namely a 'peer library' record by the 'new lang group' ( i think) from 1976 with track descriptions like for example 'fuzz guitar' 'wah wah' & titles called 'solid funk' the problem was there was a bloody classical record in the sleeve instead of the library record, i searched through the entire box of records looking for the correct one, did i find it, did i bollocks, someone please tell me this record is a load of crap, to put my mind at rest, anyone else had experiences like this?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Happy Monster - I've got this LP and I hate to tell you, but the truth is it's a good'un.

It features some real nice mid-70s funky cuts with that classic 'Peer' sound. Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think the first track on side two (could be 'Solid Funk&#39 is the one to go for.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone finding a Peer library at a car boot. They only pressed 250-odd of each title, so you've done brilliantly to find even a sleeve at a booter!
    Barry Morgan's brother is a driving instructor

Comment

Mate where did you hear it was 250? I know this can't quite be true as I have Peer issues from the UK and USA. So there are certainly more.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Seventies Kid @ Mar. 28 2004,17:32)]Happy Monster - I&#39;ve got this LP and I hate to tell you, but the truth is it&#39;s a good&#39;un.
        i was afraid of that.
        I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Mar. 28 2004,17:52)]Mate where did you hear it was 250? I know this can&#39;t quite be true as I have Peer issues from the UK and USA. So there are certainly more.
          From various well-informed collectors/library-heads over the years I&#39;ve always heard the same thing, and coupled with the fact that it&#39;s so hard to turn the blighters up, I always thought this must be the case.

I have a few US Southern issues of UK Peer titles, and I always thought they would&#39;ve just pressed a further 250 for the US market, as in my experience, the US issues are just as hard to turn up as the UK ones.

Could be I&#39;m completely wrong though...I probably am.
          Barry Morgan&#39;s brother is a driving instructor

Comment

I dont think they are that hard to turn up - Well as hard as any other library to be honest. I see the poorer musical ones quite often. At record fairs, shops and so on.

Ive had 3 copies of &#39;scoop&#39; all UK in the past year. Or maybe Im just lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Mar. 28 2004,18:09)]Ive had 3 copies of &#39;scoop&#39; all UK in the past year. Or maybe Im just lucky.

lucky bugger&#33;

Comment

Hehehe. Your the recipient of my &#39;luck&#39; mate. You better start praying.

Comment

The LP is &#39;Rock Allegro&#39; by the Lew Lang Group, and Seventies Kid is right, it&#39;s good&#33; Doesn&#39;t sound like a typical Peer to me, though, and there&#39;s a few composers on it I&#39;ve never heard of.

&#39;Solid Funk&#39; is by one Dave Patterson (who he?) and features clavinet prominently, plus some nice synth strings.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Mar. 28 2004,18:21)]Hehehe. Your the recipient of my &#39;luck&#39; mate. You better start praying.

woo&#33; yes, it&#39;s damn nice&#33;

Comment

I bought this

off a guy who used to have a shop who told me
                      years earlier one of his staff had sold the first David Bowie
                      album on Phillips to a customer, but had accidently given
                      them The Man Who Sold The World album in the DB LP sleeve&#33;

So for £20 I bought off him the MWSTW dress cover but with a
                      mint Phillips album inside hoping one glorious day I might be
                      able to match either up.

I am still waiting 15 years down the line...
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X