Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licorice soul update

Quick update on stock levels of Licorice Soul releases:

anyone who missed out on the lovely big band funk of LSD001 (he's not Dutch, he's the real Mohawk) is in for a treat - get over to Licorice Soul quickly as we've found 5 copies of LSD001. we thought they'd all gone so this really is the last batch.

as for the lovely birds'n'brass of LSD002, it's almost all gone too. only 10 copies left for the whole world.

LSD003 has been selling like hot cakes after only a couple of weeks and we've had wicked reviews too. Jim and Bob (the original artists) are absolutely made up about the overwhelmingly positive response to their music, which they thought had been forgotten after 30 years in the attic. we're down to under a ton left after only 3 weeks.

LSD004 is coming together nicely and is scheduled for a May/June release. the interview's in the bag and the tapes are off for mastering right now. we can guarantee that this one will really hit the spot of anyone who's a regular at Brillo or a fan of the VV site.

as always, a massive thanks to everyone who's bought our stuff - not just from us but from musicians Jim and Bob from LSD003 too.

we have kept back a very small number of LSD001 and LSD002 spares specifically for all the Brillo regulars who asked for copies. i'll be bringing the final copies of LSD001, LSD002 and proper quantities of LSD003 down to Brillo on Mon April 19th and all will be available at the bargain Brillo price of 4 quid each - no Ebay games here! please post up to this thread if you'd like any.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Nice to see the hard work's paying of chaps. Put me down for three copies of LSD003 please Ed!
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I just realised Brillo has moved. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Need my fix.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Ed, put me down for three copies as usual please. Standing order &#33;
        Matt Hero

Comment

yes please - three of each please and I promise to make it to Brillo this month....
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Quick stock update again: LSD001 has now completely sold out (John S - there&#39;s one aside for you). LSD002 has now sold out except for reserved copies for Brillo next week.

We&#39;re down to under 100 LSD003 too. Will bring a stack of boxes of all remaining singles down to Brillo next week (Mon 19th April, Salmon And Compasses) for anyone who wants copies at 4 GBP each.

Oh yes - LSD004 has been remastered and will be off to the pressing plant shortly. Look out for it in early June.

See you there&#33;

Comment

Hello MrEMan,

Would it be possible for you to reserve a copy of number 3 for me? I can collect at Fresh Brillo next week.

Thanks
              records - one a week mixcloud
              records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (theeman @ April 13 2004,10:29)]We&#39;re down to under 100 LSD003 too. Will bring a stack of boxes of all remaining singles down to Brillo next week (Mon 19th April, Salmon And Compasses) for anyone who wants copies at 4 GBP each.
                Are you still coming to H F &amp; S on Thursday Ed? Need my LSDs&#33;&#33;&#33;
                Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I&#39;ll take several 003&#39;s off your hands next Monday Eddie Babee&#33;

See y&#39;all on 19th - Cheers,Si

Comment

I&#39;ll take two copies of #003. I&#39;ll throw you PM about costs and posting to Helsinki.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]Quick stock update again: LSD001 has now completely sold out. LSD002 has now sold out except for reserved copies for Brillo next week.

We&#39;re down to under 100 LSD003 too.

Oh yes - LSD004 has been remastered and will be off to the pressing plant shortly. Look out for it in early June.
                      Phew&#33; it has been a hectic couple of weeks for the label, with sales going well... I do wonder if we&#39;ll have sold out all three singles before we get the fourth one released&#33;

Contract talks for releases 005 and 006 are coming along nicely, giving us a release schedule up to the end of 2004... nice &#33;
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I played the Paolucci&#39;s &#39;0-1-0-1&#39; to a drunken bar on Saturday night. It sounded great and went down a treat. I really rate that track. :love:

Comment

great&#33; thanks for the info. anyone else played this 45 out? which side? what reaction?

the original artists love to hear about it so let us know what reaction you&#39;ve been having. anyone tried the hip-hop version of 0-1-0-1 where you play it at 33rpm and pitch up to +4? (thanks to Fat City for the tip)

ok - for brillo next week we have kept back:

- 4 x LSD001 (rare as hen&#39;s teeth now, these will be rationed so everyone who wants them gets at least one copy)
                          - 10 x LSD002 (these are the last)
                          - plenty of LSD003

all at 4 GBP each.

i&#39;ll be at BK with the usual suspects (Matt, Rich, Sie, Andy, Tom etc - you all up for it?) from around 6-7pm, then Brillo. hope to see you all there&#33;

Comment

I *always* play LSD002 out and it always does the job&#33;

Whats the ETA for LSD004 then?
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (theeman @ April 14 2004,10:38)]great&#33; thanks for the info. anyone else played this 45 out? which side? what reaction?

the original artists love to hear about it so let us know what reaction you&#39;ve been having. anyone tried the hip-hop version of 0-1-0-1 where you play it at 33rpm and pitch up to +4? (thanks to Fat City for the tip)

ok - for brillo next week we have kept back:

- 4 x LSD001 (rare as hen&#39;s teeth now, these will be rationed so everyone who wants them gets at least one copy)
                              - 10 x LSD002 (these are the last)
                              - plenty of LSD003

all at 4 GBP each.

i&#39;ll be at BK with the usual suspects (Matt, Rich, Sie, Andy, Tom etc - you all up for it?) from around 6-7pm, then Brillo. hope to see you all there&#33;
                              Yes yes yes, but what about tomorrow? You coming to H F &amp; S tomorrow dude?
                              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X