Gemm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemm

what's the deal with does gemm sellers asking 498,48 $ for some records ??

Do people realy go for that ??

I don't get it .. sorry just abit angry /iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':angry:'>

Can't use that link myself, but there's a character on GEMM called RECSIM whose prices are hilarious!

He seems to have been beamed down from the Planet Twat. Surely no-one buys his stuff?

You have to hope that market forces make them reduce their prices over time to a more realistic level.

Personally, I think GEMM's great and have found far more on there than I ever have on eBay.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

old record shop owners not quite getting the new online markets...
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Surely no-one is as mad as CAREC on Netsounds? I typed in Tom Brock the other day and loads of LPs came up, nearly all of them around the £10-15 range. Except CAREC. He's got two in stock. If you're a bit skint this month, you should perhaps opt for the £243 option, but if you're feeling flush, why not go the whole hog and spend £257 on it instead?

Maybe he thinks they're francs or something?
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ April 02 2004,15:52)]Surely no-one is as mad as CAREC on Netsounds? I typed in Tom Brock the other day and loads of LPs came up, nearly all of them around the £10-15 range. Except CAREC. He's got two in stock. If you're a bit skint this month, you should perhaps opt for the £243 option, but if you're feeling flush, why not go the whole hog and spend £257 on it instead?

Maybe he thinks they're francs or something?
          When i worked in a record shop many years ago we used to have a folk buyer who would over-order his stock and then price it up a bit like that. You would get multiple copies of the same LP by the Yetties, or suchlike,available at £3.49; £3.99; £4.29; £4.99;£5.49; £5.99; £6.99, £7.99 and £12.99 (for the Japanese import)
          Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ April 02 2004,15:31)]Can't use that link myself, but there's a character on GEMM called RECSIM whose prices are hilarious!
            too right. it's funny. just found an LP with 2 or 3 at 20 bucks, then one at 230!

and a 12" from it, that's right - 15 bucks everywhere else but RECSIM - 143!!

woohoo! he must make a mint!
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Just found a white test pressing by adriano,anyone know where i can find info or discography on him.thanks

Comment

Pity poor old Carec, his stuff'll still be there when the polar cap has melted. Daft sod.
                derelicts of dialect

Comment

That Recsim guy is a bit of a joke really..I asked him about the "Afro Temple" he had for sale for $130 or so. He claimed it was the original pressing, and I most happily paid him the sum, thinking I was off to a good deal there. The record arrived, and a fresh minty re-issue it was, just as I feared. Luckily, the guy was very understanding and refunded my money immediately. Still..

Comment

But really Netsounds/GEMM have turned up some real cheapie bargains for me over the last few years and i suspect some others too. And really still worth keeping an eye on from time to time.
                    derelicts of dialect

Comment

gemm's great. you can do searches be record label and the wantslist has no limits! i have literally hundreds of titles on the list.
                      er

Comment

actually recsim has a record I am after for a while .... but it will stay in his stock at 325... what planet is he from ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ April 02 2004,15:31)]Can't use that link myself, but there's a character on GEMM called RECSIM whose prices are hilarious!

He seems to have been beamed down from the Planet Twat. Surely no-one buys his stuff?
                          I emailed that RECSIM guy to ask him why his prices were so high (in the nicest possible way!&#33 & he replied quite disgruntled saying that he had to import his records from around the world and the costs to do this mean't he had to bump up his prices ....poor guy !! ....i just thought he had cocked up his exchange rates, i wouldn't risk buying anything from him.

& talking of Ebay vs GEMM ....i lost out on a De Wolfe Library LP on ebay a while back as it went for £75 !!! ...had a look on GEMM and found it and bought it for £50 instead....i was v tempted to contact the winning bidder and gloat!!!!!!! (not really)....i also got a Tommy Stewart LP (more rare groove than funk) for £15 on GEMM about a year ago ....and that's a £130 LP ....simply beacuse the guy in the USA didnt know of it's value !!! ....in my opinion it pays not to rule out any website or marketplace ....
                          "Its not punishment they need, Its gunishment"

Comment

one of the best comedy dealers on GEMM has to be that UK place which 'claims' to have all these records in stock for mad expensive prices, and are obviously just ordered from various USA dealers (also on GEMM&#33 at a 100% markup. who do they think they're kidding?!

even if you would be stupid enough to order from them (which you wouldn't be) then they only fill something like 5% of their orders.
                            http://www.blaxploitation.com
                            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I guess a lot of people just list stuff at comedy prices and if anyone actually bites they're laughing. Can't blame them for trying (but for inflating the market...   ). And as Jefski says, there's bargains to be had so it's a case of swings and roundabouts.
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X