Trio mocoto - beleza beleza beleza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trio mocoto - beleza beleza beleza

Has anybody heard this recently released LP from Trio Mocoto? I have some of their old stuff from the 70s so I am intrigued by this new release. It's getting great reviews but I rather hear some more balanced opinions from VVers. Are Trio Mocoto recreating the sambafunk in a Daptone way or are they doing something more contemporary?
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Guess Trio Mocoto are'nt popular with VVers!

Comment

they are. just haven't heard the new record. like you, i'm very curious as every single review has been strongly positive.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I ordered it from DGA last week but it's shipping via Media Mail and will take some time to arrive.
        I know, I know, DGA's descriptions are always hyperbole, but it sounded very tasty.

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]An incredible new album from Trio Mocoto -- the legendary Brazilian funk group from the 70s! Unlike the group's first "comeback" album of a few years back -- which was great, but kind of revisited familiar territory -- this one seems to go in a whole new direction, really expanding the group's sound with a jazzy style that we really wouldn't have expected, but which we totally love! There's some wonderful instrumentation alongside the funky samba rhythms and soulful vocals -- sweet electric touches that almost give some tracks a style that reminds us of Band Black Rio at their best. The record features guest work from artists that include Max De Castro, Zuco 103, and others

Comment

they're playing tonight at Cargo by the way

Comment

Got my media mailed "Beleza Beleza Beleza" CD yesterday and listened to it once so far.  
            A second "Samba Rock" (the "first "comeback" album of a few years back" as DGA called it in their review) it is not in the sense that it doesn't inlcude anything as catchy as "Voltei Amor" (which Gilles Peterson made popular by including it on his second Trust The DJ installment).
            It's a decent Brazillian album though.
            If you don't have either of the "comeback" CDs, buy Samba Rock (despite the misleading title).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]If you don't have either of the "comeback" CDs, buy Samba Rock (despite the misleading title).
              Yemsky,

Thank you for you thoughts on the latest LP, a lot more considered than DGA.

I will check the first 'comeback' LP.

Comment

Working...
              X