So, how was your weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how was your weekend?

Noticed there seems to be almost zero action on the board, and a lot of people hanging on in there for when it kicks off - so let's kick it off!

Errr.. ummm.. so what did you people do at the weekend?

I drank booze. Mmmmm. I did quite a lot of walking.. coming back in the mornings from friends' houses after said boozing. I did a spot of home improvement on Sunday and threw out some oldness, brought in the freshness, and moved a hella lot of furniture around. Oh yeah, and I found a Stark Reality 7". Whoo-hoo!
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Nothing of any excitement occured I'm afraid.

Went booting a couple of times, watched the GP qualifying & actual race.... ate a pizza in front of 'The O.C.'.

That's about it (can we have a yawn icon ?).
    Matt Hero

Comment

I went to my friend's new bar on Friday for a drink (The Lodge, in Harlesden, check it out). On Saturday, no gig for the first time in two months, so I took the dog for a walk, then went to see the Scissor Sisters at the Astoria. On Sunday I took the dog for, er, a walk and then went to a pub quiz in Ladbroke Grove. Then came home and read the papers. All in all, a quiet weekend.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (vibra @ April 05 2004,13:27)]Oh yeah, and I found a Stark Reality 7". Whoo-hoo!
        And this week's first 'llmod1 Of The Day' award goes to...  

Friday, I went to that London to celebrate a labmate getting her PhD. Then we returned to the old place of work to watch my boss play covers in a nu-ska stylee with his band. Found out a couple of good friends are expecting a baby and an old flame was getting married the next day. Odd evening  

On Saturday I was woken early by my sister on the phone, went to Crazy Beats (no purchase there but I did find a few bits in the charities - Percy Faith's JCS and an LP of stories from the Dukes Of Hazzard amongst others) then on to Ikea to buy some plant pots and cheap storage (shoot me now&#33. But not what I actually intended to buy.  

And yesterday I went to the Natural History Museum to catch the Wildlife Photographer Of The Year exhibition. Excellent - the photos have been a little samey in recent years but a lot of these were fresher. On the way home I sat at the A10 exit of the M25 for an hour while the emergency services cleared up an accident about half a mile ahead.

Go on, beat that for excitement...  
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

It was a great weekend as Veris got married. Well done mate!
          I played a few records at his reception and cleared the floor.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Well done Veris!

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Friday went to a fab thai restaurant with my mum and older bro. Got back too late to see the nms so spent the rest of the night drinking and chatting crap to my housemates.

Saturday went to clerkenwell house then onto hoxton. Had some beers - ummed and ah'd about going out. In the end convinced everyone back to ours and proceeded to get totally smashed. Had some kid have a fit in our lounge - he literally dropped dead (or we thought he had). We thought he had taken something dodgy but it turned out he's had em before.

So that was...er fun!

Sunday spent cleaning up and watching the O.C. too. It rawks!
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

many congratulations chris&#33; hope you&#39;re off somewhere sunny right now on the honeymoon, and not reading these messages.

we had a quiet one too. mates over for fry-up and FA cup semi, then off down the bookies for a flutter on the nags, and down the boozer for the national. bookie must have been sick as a parrot - we did the poor sod for 170 quid all told on a tenner&#39;s stake.

there&#39;s a funny story with picking the horse. our mates had had a ride off a psychic cabbie (i kid you not) on the way over to ours in the morning before the race. this bloke had said that the horse in red and black with a french connection would win. it did, at 16-1. cheers chap

bahrain GP was a bit of a let-down. nice circuit though.
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Dont talk to me about horses.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (theeman @ April 05 2004,14:03)]bahrain GP was a bit of a let-down. nice circuit though.
                    I actually enjoyed it.

If you forget that Ferrari are in the race - which is easy to do as the disappear off the grid into the far distance - the race behind was fascinating.

Great battles between Klein &amp; Kimi, Alonso &amp; Webber and Ralf making an utter fool of himself (again - he was lucky to get away with that tag on Webber in Malaysia). If that track temp had been maybe 10c higher on race day the result might have been more interesting.

Oh, and when is an engine failure not an engine failure then McLaren ?
                    Matt Hero

Comment

... Looks like a tip-top weekend for all &#33;&#33;  

Left the North East after work on Friday and trekked down to Manchester to play at Vinylism&#39;s &quot;Yo Mama&quot; night. Arrived in plenty good time only to take an extended ride across Manchester ( had to get on the taxi driver&#33; ) and arrived just in time.. phew&#33;

The story of the &quot;mixer conspiracy&quot; I&#39;ll leave to Vinylism...   ...but we muddled through and I think it&#39;s fair to say that a good time was had by all...

Pounding head on Saturday morning hit the record shops and the city centre shops... needed a serious chill-out after the drive back up t&#39;north on Saturday night - I was buggered&#33; The Rams look doomed at the bottom of the 1st Div, so no laffing Col Wolfe or any Tricky Trees out there...  

Sunday started with the booters and then round to Chris&#39; for a cuppa and a chat about how Licorice Soul&#39;s coming along. Ed Blax calls, so we have a three-way chit-chat and all feels good. Neighbour calls around with a parcel that arrived Saturday - always nice to receive records, what ever the day&#33;

DJ&#39;ed with Davey C and Kid Saer in Newcastle last night - all good&#33; Got a text from Towny... still AWOL in Leeds (it&#39;s been two weeks now he&#39;s been MIA)... Still alive&#33;

Just been out this lunchtime and came back with the Streetsounds Electro/Hip Hop nine-LP boxset ( inc the megamix 12&quot; )... Mercy&#33;
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

go and watch the 87th Ronde van Vlaanderen/Tour des Flandres (cycling race ) our grand national

no records this weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ April 05 2004,14:18)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (theeman @ April 05 2004,14:03)]bahrain GP was a bit of a let-down. nice circuit though.
                          I actually enjoyed it.

If you forget that Ferrari are in the race - which is easy to do as the disappear off the grid into the far distance - the race behind was fascinating.

Great battles between Klein &amp; Kimi, Alonso &amp; Webber and Ralf making an utter fool of himself (again - he was lucky to get away with that tag on Webber in Malaysia). If that track temp had been maybe 10c higher on race day the result might have been more interesting.

Oh, and when is an engine failure not an engine failure then McLaren ?
                          true enough. the circuit seemed well slippy off the racing line, so if they tried to pass by late braking then they&#39;d overshoot.

a bit more rain and a higher temperature would have done the job.

when&#39;s schumacher going to retire? since senna died there&#39;s no competition for him.

good to see Button showing he can do it at that level after years of also-ran status.
                          http://www.blaxploitation.com
                          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

went to a mate&#39;s moving-away party on Friday night, gritting my teeth listening to a DJ playing what sounded like the entire Perry-Kingsley catalogue (except the good ones), then caught a bit of a hip hop night, but left before Blade came on. Early morning tree surgery on Saturday, then a visit to the tip, farmers&#39; market, charity shops in Bath and Keynsham and a few in Bristol (quite good results, but that&#39;s in the weekend finds). saw Big Daddy Kane in Bristol on Saturday night with Aspects and Black Grass DJing. Sunday chilling out all afternoon at a friend&#39;s birthday party and then Sunday night sorting out the next set of trades...need to get rid of some records&#33;
                            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Up at 6:45am on both days to go to work, reading the news on the local radio station.

Fortunately, said station is based in a shopping centre, so very handy for the charities - on Saturday I bought a first edition of Thora Hird&#39;s autobiography (&#33 but no records.

You find me in quite a good mood, as I&#39;ve had to do 8 non stop early shifts - tomorrow I sleep&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X