Advert question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert question

who's tunes are on the latest baileys & john lewis ad's, the baileys one sounds like a james last tune, from one of the non stop dancing lp's & the john lewis one is a reggae tune, sorry about the lack of info.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

baileys - which one?

The john lewis one Ive seen is this.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

The baileys one with zero gravity? Erm, not sure but I remember thinking &#39;ooh, I wonder what this is&#39; when I saw it yesterday, but I can&#39;t think how it goes now. Mainly because I&#39;m listening to Lou Reed I expect /iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/oooh.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=''>
      FunkyDown
      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

hey&#33; who broke the new emoticons already&#33;
        FunkyDown

Comment

Well, the Bailey&#39;s one with zero gravity uses Minnie Riperton&#39;s &#39;Les Fleurs&#39; but I&#39;m pretty sure that doesn&#39;t sound like James Last, so must be another Baileys ad you mean...

Either that, or there&#39;s a James Last &#39;non stop dancing&#39; LP I desparately need to find...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 06 2004,01:16)]Well, the Bailey&#39;s one with zero gravity uses Minnie Riperton&#39;s &#39;Les Fleurs&#39; but I&#39;m pretty sure that doesn&#39;t sound like James Last, so must be another Baileys ad you mean...
            No, you&#39;re right it is either the Minne Ripperton or the Ramsey Lewis - which from recollection are one and the same, apart from MR&#39;s vocal obviously.
            Matt Hero

Comment

No I think it&#39;s a retake on it. Sounds different to me, or maybe someone just put it through some filters - I only saw it once and it&#39;s a pretty shite ad. Still, time to take the higher ground and say it&#39;s always nice to hear good sources on TV&#33;
              http://wakeupanddie.com
              http://weirdgearnyc.com
              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

ah yes - now I remember actually recognizing what it was and making a mental note to post something about it on here, but having David Bowie and Mick Ronson going &#39;ooh wah&#39; in my ear whilst writing the reply reply last night put me right off
                FunkyDown

Comment

+April 05 2004,23:03-->
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ April 05 2004,23:03)]The john lewis one Ive seen is this.
                  Yup, that&#39;s the one. J*S*T*A*R*S are my mate Sim Lister &amp; Steve Cobby from Fila Brazillia - I work part-time for their label 23 Recordings as press &amp; promo bod. I think it&#39;s hilarious that John Lewis are using a track called &quot;Loose Nuke Threat&quot; to promote their spring collection&#33;
                  Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Yeah, I thought that version of Les Fleurs sounded a bit shonky, so presumed it must have been 4 Hero&#39;s remake. Which I&#39;ve not got, so can&#39;t compare but I remember it sounding really close apart from a wee drum&#39;n&#39;bass excursion in the middle...
                    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

I&#39;ve only seen the advert once but seem to remember that it was &#39;Les Fleur&#39; but a redone version (probably based on 4Heros version)
                      records - one a week mixcloud
                      records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

thanks for the info guys, the baileys ad sounded a bit lastesque to me but maybe it was late at night and i&#39;d had a few too many or i may have left non stop dancing 12 playing on the turntable at the same time as the add was being screened (well that&#39;s my excuse.)

Comment

the latest &#39;dove&#39; ad has a nice funky tune on it, only saw the end of it so i can&#39;t describe that well, i just remember loads of scantily clad birds. can any one help?

Comment

Depends which one you mean - the Dove deodorant ad uses &#39;Hot Pants&#39; by Alan Parker and Alan Hawkshaw, from the KPM LP &#39;Flute For Moderns&#39; (and played by Harold MacNair and the various members of Blue Mink&#33

Comment

that could be it LT.

Comment

Working...
                              X