• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil scott-heron documentary on bbc4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/music/f...tt-heron.shtml

GIL SCOTT-HERON: THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED
    Wednesday 7 April 2004 11.30pm-12.30am; rpt 1.50am-2.50am

not sure if its a repeat but should be worth a look

I think this may be the same documentary I saw late last year. Very good it was, as I didn't know that much about him and straight away had to go out any buy a couple of albums... recommended.
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Anyone know GilÂ’s current situation? There was talk last year about him being on the run after being caught in a crack-house as it was being busted.
      www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (bboy parkz @ April 06 2004,17:25)]Anyone know GilÂ’s current situation? There was talk last year about him being on the run after being caught in a crack-house as it was being busted.
        i don't know, but it is true that he has had a very bad drug problem. i remember people talking about going to see him and he couldn't perform because he was too high, or that he did perform and it was crap, etc.
        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ April 07 2004,00:17)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (bboy parkz @ April 06 2004,17:25)]Anyone know GilÂ’s current situation? There was talk last year about him being on the run after being caught in a crack-house as it was being busted.
          i don't know, but it is true that he has had a very bad drug problem. i remember people talking about going to see him and he couldn't perform because he was too high, or that he did perform and it was crap, etc.
          The last I heard was that he was making his way to a show and he didn't arrive. Possibly in New Jersey (seems to ring a bell) - cops found him a couple of hours later in the local crack house, probation well and truely broken.

Comment

I think the documentary is a repeat, I heard Gilles Peterson mention it on his show, but again it was on bbc4. Peterson said it was airin on terrestrial as well sometime this year, anyone have any info when this is? I'm still stuck in terrestrial age
            I'm just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Comment

I missed the bloody program I got stuck in to assembling some IKEA units and time vanished, was it any good?

Comment

Working...
              X