Bristol and wsm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol and wsm

I shall be visting my parents in Weston-Super-Mare this weekend. Whilst I am in the area I would be grateful if someone could someone recommend any local carboots, record fairs and disco dancing clubs.

Cheers!
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

When's the Ashton Court Festival John?
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

ashton court is july 17 and 18...god knows what's on this weekend, though. I'll have a look and try and find something!
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Might not be your type of thing, but I know this is going on . . .

"1) VENN [Version 1]
        Sat 10th April / 8.00 / £2)

AT: THE CUBE MICROPLEX

2 rooms, 1 sound, 2 versions, dancers, multiple images, dj's....A overlapping PARTY to unoffically kick start, raise funs (sic) for the VENN project...A Four Day Music Rally taking place in MAY, 2004 on the almighty STOKES CROFT. Ya got IT.
        Tonite's party will fill out the Cube Bar Sound- System with fine immersive music which will be feed through to sound manipulators in the Cinema who will re-dub the musiq into a live score for freestyle dancers who will be perform in front of images. Ya got IT.
        Featuring a heady and tasty brew of Stokes Croft's finest.
        See www.vennfestival.com for more details...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------"

Will be cheap and chaotic!      
        Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

to be honest, there's sod all on in Bristol this weekend. I'm actually promoting/running a night (BlowPop at the Academy) which will be nuskoolbreaktastic, but it'll probably be our quietest night of the year due to this God weekend that's happening. If you want to come down to see Blim, General Midi, Stereo 8 and a host of other techy breaks people, PM me for guest list. In fact PM me anyway, maybe beers are an option...?
          Mr.Hopkinson's suggestion will certainly be entertaining. The Cube is a great venue - can be a bit cliquey sometimes, but quite out there and not afraid to take risks. Personally, I'd say come down next week and come and see Big Boss Man live at Shimmy, but then I would, wouldn't I?
          Car boots etc I'm not sure about - I normally work till 4 or 5 on Saturday nights, so early Sunday mornings are often a mystery to me. I'll try and do some reconaissance tomorrow....

Comment

well I'm dj-ing a few miles down the road in Bath. Just a small scale cafe/bar affair. I'll be playing funk/soul/hip hop/ beats etc.

Its at Doolallys on Walcot Street. 8 - 11pm and its a free one.

as for booters, there's a regular one in Bath on Sunday mornings by the race course although i'm not sure of the details for this weekend.
            www.myspace.com/usofaudio
            www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
            www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

is that Bath racecourse booter any good these days? I went there once a couple of years back and the time I took to go round it was one of the most depressing five minutes of my life. About ten stalls, mostly selling broken stuff.

Comment

I've never actually been to it yet. I've been meaning to get to it for ages but never quite got up early enough. I think I'll check it out soon though, then i'll let you know if it's any cop.
                www.myspace.com/usofaudio
                www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
                www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Cheers for the replies. Unfortunatley, I have been without internet access all weekend so could'nt take you up on any of the suggestions. Maybe next time...

Once again, Thanks!
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X