Madrid heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madrid heads up

Anybody know any decent spots for euro bizniz in Madrid. I'll be there for 5 days so I can cover some ground, albeit with goil-friend. Really up for eurofunk-on-45-on-the-cheap type steez.

I know Ollie Casbah is there but I aint feeling his prices if you get me?

Any info would make an old man very happy

I was raised by wolves

You miserable, miserable, miserable sods you!
    I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ April 14 2004,18:00)]You miserable, miserable, miserable sods you!
      I don't know the place but enjoy it you grumpy git!!! Are you back for Brillo?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Upbeat Records are OK - on the whole, soul, ska, reggae, funky jazz, dub, funk etc - 75% reissues tho but I found a few nice things. Weird place, theres as many bolt-on accessories for Vespas/Lambrettas as there is records.

My Cal Tjader LP has this address stamped on the back:
        Up-Beat Records
        Espiritu Santo 6
        Madrid

There's a bar (or was) on a market square called Lounge Pie which had a DJ playing KPM LPs all night on the 2 occasions we tripped in there. Sorry for being so vague
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

sorry - I&#39;ve never been to Spain at all, not even on a school trip or anything. It&#39;s supposed to be warm there, though, and I&#39;ve heard &#39;tapas&#39; are nice, if that&#39;s any help...
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Try e-mailing Teticio, one time of this board and now full time father.

He lives in Madrid and should be able to tell you a few places to go.

His e-mail is [email protected]
            He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Cheers for this. Saturday morning and I only seen a few punky type places but its not a problem really. Nice place but so far, I cant see anything to measure up to big bad Barcelona for my tastes anyway.

Have yourselves a good weekend in blighty.

And Rich, if Brillo is on Monday, Im gonna miss it&#33; Have a drink for me&#33;

Did you get that Hair version yet¿?¿
              I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ April 17 2004,10:13)]And Rich, if Brillo is on Monday, Im gonna miss it&#33; Have a drink for me&#33;

Did you get that Hair version yet¿?¿
                Not yet, but I&#39;ll be sure to tell you when it arrives (lemme know when you&#39;re back in town). And enjoy Madrid, whatever the digging&#39;s like&#33;

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                X