Burn baby burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn baby burn

This is for PC people - What is the best way to record vinyl to PC to CD. What software do people recommend to use? Can I get the software for free?

Cheers!
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ April 13 2004,10:41)]This is for PC people - What is the best way to record vinyl to PC to CD. What software do people recommend to use? Can I get the software for free?
    I use goldwave which is free (shareware) and does the job nicely. Also been playing with Audacity which is free, but have never used that to record vinyl.
    Errr..Hambone?

Comment

loads of free stuff. sound recorder (or whatever it's called) ships free with windows and will do the job, just taking internal line in signals and recording to .WAV

if you want to get clever and remaster/clean etc, try Steinberg's Wavelab, Soundforge, or CoolEdit (or many more progs). You can get DirectX plugins to do audio restoration - these plugins work with all the different major commercial packages.

it's well worth spending a few quid on a good, high-quality music standard audio card - personally i'd go for an internal PCI one, but some people use USB external ones without any trouble. the sound quality from these cards is a million times better than you'll get from a crappy mini headphone-jacked internal soundcard that came with your pc.
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I second Wavelab, its great for doing mixes as well cos you can burn CD's from it with 0 second track markers so the mixes run through without pauses between tracks.
        working together for better bass and treble

Comment

if anyone's really serious about specifically recording vinyl to CDR on computer, there's a special USB phono preamp that's designed for doing just that...

Terratec USB Phono Pre-amp
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Thats not a bad price ed but you can get an M-Audio one for a little more that will wee all over it. I'll dig up a link tonite.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
            X