Jack emblow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack emblow

Whilst on a mini digette this lunchtime I copped a Studio2stereo LP by Jack Emblow which is rather unpromisingly titled "Accordian Fire" (still to be played so I dare say dissapointment is in store). According to the sleeve notes the LP contains the efforts of our old chums Don Lusher, Roger Coulam and Denis Lopez among others and also has three or so tracks penned by Pete Moore.

The question is who is Jack Emblow and why is he hanging out with with such a stellar line up?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Lee, did you actually go home or direct to the charity shops from the airport ?
    Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] ]Lee, did you actually go home or direct to the charity shops from the airport ?
      Well they were kind of on the way

Comment

lee - you know the birds & brass album right? jackie emblow played the 'trivox' on it and very funky it was too. you must have read the article here on vv about that. a sort of amplified accordian.

i also remember him backing the cliff adams singers back in the day on "sing something simple" on a sunday afternoon as a kid, when i waiting for the top40 to start. not so funky!

anyway, got any crap libs for me?  

ha! there's a bit of info for you anyway.

Comment

Wooly - cheers for the info.

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]anyway, got any crap libs for me?  
          Yes mate - loads! I'll try and get to that end of this week / early next week.

Comment

...and let us know what that emblow album's like. surely with that lot involved, it'll have it's moments...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (wooly @ April 13 2004,17:46)]i also remember him backing the cliff adams singers back in the day on "sing something simple" on a sunday afternoon as a kid, when i waiting for the top40 to start. not so funky!
              Surely for people in Blighty of a certain age there was no single more depressing sound than the Cliff Adams Singers droning out of the radio on a Sunday afternoon. If anything brings back the full horror of the approach of a Monday morning at school it's that. . . Well, that and the music to 'Last of the Summer Wine.
              The Pop Music Library

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ April 14 2004,12:56)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wooly @ April 13 2004,17:46)]i also remember him backing the cliff adams singers back in the day on "sing something simple" on a sunday afternoon as a kid, when i waiting for the top40 to start. not so funky!
                Surely for people in Blighty of a certain age there was no single more depressing sound than the Cliff Adams Singers droning out of the radio on a Sunday afternoon. If anything brings back the full horror of the approach of a Monday morning at school it's that. . . Well, that and the music to 'Last of the Summer Wine.
                Ah, someone else waiting for the VHF frequency to switch at 5pm from Radio 2 to Radio 1 so that they could make pause tapes of the Top 40 show. I always had to sit through at least 10 mins of 'Sing Something Simple' too

I feel old all over again......
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ April 14 2004,13:28)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ April 14 2004,12:56)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Ah, someone else waiting for the VHF frequency to switch at 5pm from Radio 2 to Radio 1 so that they could make pause tapes of the Top 40 show. I always had to sit through at least 10 mins of 'Sing Something Simple' too  

I feel old all over again......
                  . . .the smell of the Sunday lunch cooling on the kitchen table. . .the prospect of double Physics first thing next day. . .clinging to the hope that Tommy Vance ('TV on the radio&#39 would play 'Just What I Always Wanted' by Mari Wilson before your C90 ran out. . . Some scars will never heal!
                  The Pop Music Library

Comment

blimey. yes, it was all about that wasn't it?

and the theme tune to "the money programme" always meant the prospect of being back at school next day.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (wooly @ April 14 2004,13:54)]blimey. yes, it was all about that wasn't it?

and the theme tune to "the money programme" always meant the prospect of being back at school next day.
                      Bang on, guv! One of my friends still comes out in a cold sweat whenever he hears the 'MP' theme for this very reason!

Sorry LDJB - we seem to have turned this thread into some of kind of offshoot of Dullards Reunited. I for one am still interested in your Jack Emblow LP so hurry back once you've listened to it!
                      The Pop Music Library

Comment

I get the same chills down my spine when I hear the 'Antiques Roadshow' theme.

I have this concomitant feeling of guilt that I may have an assignment (or other piece of homework) that must be handed in next morning - even now, 7 years after leaving full-time education!

Damn you Hugh Scully!!
                        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (wooly @ April 13 2004,14:54)]and the theme tune to "the money programme" always meant the prospect of being back at school next day.
                          Am I hallucinating, or is the Money Programme theme actually off the Jimmy Smith/Lalo Schifrin 'The Cat' LP? Every time I play that LP, there's a track that makes me think of Valerie Singleton looking very un-Blue Peter, and intercut with footage of red-bracered yuppies waving betting slips about...

And I used to hold out for Anne Nightingale's weekly Sunday night play of Christina's 'Is That All There Is' with the pause button waiting...always missed it, too.
                          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (wayne @ April 14 2004,15:15)]And I used to hold out for Anne Nightingale's weekly Sunday night play of Christina's 'Is That All There Is' with the pause button waiting...always missed it, too.
                            ...and that bloody 'Fish Heads' record.
                            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ April 14 2004,15:01)]I get the same chills down my spine when I hear the 'Antiques Roadshow' theme.

I have this concomitant feeling of guilt that I may have an assignment (or other piece of homework) that must be handed in next morning - even now, 7 years after leaving full-time education!

Damn you Hugh Scully!!
                              showing your age - it's michael aspel now.

errrr.... allegedly!
                              http://www.blaxploitation.com
                              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Working...
                              X