Skalpel remix comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skalpel remix comp

This comp has been running a while on ninja tune - You have to remix a tune by polish producers skalpel.

Got till the 23rd. Great prize! I'm getting my finger out.

GO!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

i&#39;m already on it   ( jazz drums from animal&#33; )

[  . . . and  to wayne for that mad-polish-woman-spoken-word 7&quot; I knew it would come in handy at some point . . .   ]
    Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Im only sampling polish records (keep it in the fam&#33 and its at the moment a rock opera. With massive fills too&#33;

Comment

Fucksticks&#33;&#33; 10 days to go. I hope I get a chance to have a go at this. I love this remix competition things.

Comment

im on it aswell&#33; but i only liked the bass sounds.

Comment

I think I&#39;ll have a go as well. I&#39;ve not enetred one of these things before... do you think it&#39;s OK to use other samples than those provided, or do you have to stick with those?
            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

I think you can use whatever bits you want.

Comment

In fact, it doesn&#39;t even say you have to use any of the provided samples, so why not do an Aphex Twin and submit your own original track as the remix.. easy&#33;
                Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ April 14 2004,13:10)]I think you can use whatever bits you want.
                  From a post on the Ninja board earlier today :

---------
                  Skalpel Remix Update
                  Ninja   [14.04.04, 11:26:04]

hi all

we&#39;ve now had about 20 remixes of &#39;break in&#39; submitted and there are some fantastic creative ideas in there.

some office favourites are emerging - we will be sending all submissions over to Skalpel for their opinion too of course.

a big thank you to everyone that has sent us their work.

the competition closes on the 23rd so if you are thinking of getting busy don&#39;t wait too long.

the only slight negative is that some of you have literally reconstructed the jigsaw and have made something closely resembling the original - this is probably our fault as some of you have never heard the original - you can get a flavour here http://www.ninjatune.net/ninja/release.php?id=659

please don&#39;t feel you have to use all the samples provided - add your own, flip it and twist it - as long as it has some recognisable Skalpel DNA in there that&#39;s fine.

good luck
                  ----------

I&#39;m getting started on my mix now - whether it&#39;ll be done by the deadline I&#39;m not sure

FunkyDown
                  Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Just finished mine and sent it to Ninja Tune central. If anyone wants to check it out then right click and save. Anyone else got theirs done?

Comment

I sent mine in yesterday... will try and post it somewhere later on.
                      Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Blighty that was really nice mate.

I&#39;ve really got to finish it tonight (aint gonna happen) so its going to be a rough one and if the buggers like it then I can add that spit n po-lish (geddit?)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ April 21 2004,13:39)]Blighty that was really nice mate.

I&#39;ve really got to finish it tonight (aint gonna happen) so its going to be a rough one and if the buggers like it then I can add that spit n po-lish (geddit?)
                          da-dum-chhhhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Cheers sermad. I gave up my Friday night and all of Saturday to get it done. I&#39;m real slowwwww at making music. It takes ages when you&#39;re chopping everything up and tweaking it and replaying it. Everything on mine is from the original source though. I was going to use other bits but nothing worked. It came out pretty nice. i wish I had more time to mess around with it but thems the breaks. (pun sadly intended)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (sermad @ April 21 2004,13:39)]Blighty that was really nice mate.
                            Seconded&#33; Top work

Now I&#39;ve finished mine, I&#39;m enjoying listening to what other people have done ...

Grab the Dr.Rubberfunk &#39;Live @ No.10A&#39; remix Here&#33;

nice.
                            FunkyDown
                            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

DOPE&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X