Bruton question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruton question

How is Bruton (BRH 12) "Sparkle" by Luis Clark?

Thanks

Not terribly exciting, I'm afraid - 80s synthy stuff, didn't make much of an impression on me, personally, but it was used on the Channel 4 test card so I HAD to have it!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ April 15 2004,13:47)]Not terribly exciting, I'm afraid - 80s synthy stuff, didn't make much of an impression on me, personally, but it was used on the Channel 4 test card so I HAD to have it!
      I heartily second Lord Thames' opinion here.

One very underrated Bruton is 'Terrestrial Journey' by Alan Hawkshaw, Steve Gray, Frank Ricotti and Les Hurdle.

Hawkshaw's 'Speed of Sound' is killer spacy funk and is up there with his best stuff, for me. And one of the last tracks on side 2 by Hurdle/Ricotti is very nice slow, moody funk. Quite similar to some of Derek Wadsworth's music for season 2 of 'Space:1999'.

Can't remember its name, though!
      Barry Morgan's brother is a driving instructor

Comment

Ive been reliably informed that Brutons are getting quite sort after these days.

Those crystal clear records and that 80's sound are on for a biiiiig comeback.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Thanks for the info guys&#33;
          I recently recieved &quot;synthesis&quot; on KPM and it contains some really nice tracks, especially &quot;Alto Glide&quot;. I want more library stuff in same style as this track. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

There&#39;s a good Pierre Arvay track called Skyway on De Wolfe that is that sort of thing.
            Not the same but sort of spacey/ dreamy/ funky is Drover on one of the Hudsons.
            I have loads of Brutons cos there&#39;s a few decent drama type ones on them. Knew it wouldn&#39;t be too long before they got more popular. You just need to listen with a different ear- no point flicking through for breaks or hammonds, but plenty of spacey electro stuff.
            Library blog

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ April 16 2004,09:43)]I recently recieved &quot;synthesis&quot; on KPM and it contains some really nice tracks, especially &quot;Alto Glide&quot;. I want more library stuff in same style as this track. Any recommendations?
              that&#39;s a really nice record - &quot;alto glide&quot; has a very late-night 1974 sound to it.

you might want to get hold of another kpm by hawkshaw called &quot;happy rainbows&quot; which is equally pleasing.

Comment

And another KPM, &#39;Friendly Faces&#39; is a nice companion piece to &#39;Happy Rainbows&#39;&#33;

There&#39;s plenty of really nice space synth jazz funk courtesy of the Hawk on various Brutons - there&#39;s a lovely one I&#39;ve been listening to recently, which I&#39;ll put the title of up when I remember it&#33;

I&#39;m not surprised Brutons are getting popular now - I&#39;m disappointed, &#39;cos it means I probably won&#39;t be able to get cheap ones for much longer, but I&#39;m not surprised&#33; I never understood the hostile reception they got from certain sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ April 16 2004,22:22)]And another KPM, &#39;Friendly Faces&#39; is a nice companion piece to &#39;Happy Rainbows&#39;&#33;
                  yes, and while we&#39;re at it &quot;the pleasures of life&quot; is a very underrated one.

Comment

Another absolutely brilliant Bruton from 1981 is &#39;Interpol&#39; with some top-draw copshow grooves from David Snell and David Lindup.

Also, don&#39;t forget Johnny Hawkins &#39;Web of Intrigue/Investigator&#39; from 1979, not of course forgetting Brian Bennett&#39;s &#39;Drama Montage&#39; 1 &amp; 2 and &#39;Fantasia&#39; LPs&#33;

I also really like Francis Monkmans&#39; &#39;Tempus Fugit&#39; LP with Ronnie Verrell on drums and a big open break&#33;

&#39;Fragrance&#39; features two killer funky orchestral tracks from Chris Gunning, too.

&#39;Watchful Eye&#39; and &#39;Building Tension&#39; (1981) feature some brilliant, moody copshow grooves by John Cameron.

I also like the Fiddy/Cameron &#39;City of The Future/Equinox&#39; LP.
                    Barry Morgan&#39;s brother is a driving instructor

Comment

Another question:
                      How is Bruton&#39;s &quot;Undergroove&quot; (BRL6) from 1980?
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X