Octopus label: itallian library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octopus label: itallian library

I have this record by a group called Climax on the Octopus label, I think it's Itallian. It's really psychy but has funk leanings with one large break. Overall lots of scat and a great listen.

It's also got a Montparnasse sticker on it which is even more confusing.

Any info would be rad.

Thanks,

nate

The only Climax stuff I've got is Belgian. The most memorable 45 being 'You, I'. Tasty fuzz-rock/beat-psych oompah. Dunno if it's the same group. Helpful I know.
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

There are deffo a lot of tasty bits on the octopus label. It always crops up on ebay going way out of my price bracket for unknown lps. I know there was a comp of octospus output but I&#39;ve never seen a copy sadly.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Indeed there was a comp called SCOCTOPUS which came out on Schema Records from Italy.
        Awesome comp&#33; It was one of the first easy italian library comps I bought. Haven&#39;t played it in yonks&#33;

David
        God bless Fatso.

Comment

Octopus is Italian although I don&#39;t have any info about the label. The comp was released on Schema and I suspect is long oop. Recommended if you can find a copy. The tunes I&#39;ve heard by Climax are very good indeed (save up/frog in love/maze/climax) and come off as a more psychy version of the Novi Singers. The label also put out some great jazzy psych stuff by the usual suspects like Alessandroni, I Cantori and Tommasi.

Evertything I&#39;ve heard is quality so well worth keeping an eye out.

I would guess the MP sticker is just French distribution. I have a few KPMs with Sonoton stickers and a couple of French MPIs with Brull (UK) but all have original labels and sleeves.

Comment

Now you mention it, the Primrose Music Library&#39;s just reissued this on CD, under the title &#39;Delirium 1973&#39; - I&#39;d always wondered where the tracks were sourced from.

Comment

Working...
            X