Now that's what i call music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's what i call music

There's a piece in the latest issue of WORD about eBay and they claim that the Now That's What I Call Music series is collectible. Just did a search and, surprisingly, they seem to sell consistently. Did anyone realise this? I've seen so many in charitys I just assumed they had no value at all....
    http://www.djhistory.com

I was asking in a local shop the other day about this exact same topic. Apparently it's CD copies of the first 5 or something which are collectable. Think the first one goes for about 40 quid allegedly...
    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Search on eBay, even cassettes are selling. Not for a lot, admittedly, but getting three quid for that pile of doodoo is money for old rope.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ April 20 2004,11:53)]I was asking in a local shop the other day about this exact same topic. Apparently it's CD copies of the first 5 or something which are collectable. Think the first one goes for about 40 quid allegedly...
        I guess that figures (somewhere ). What with the current reverence for all things eighties with da kidz, and the probability that most of the target market were cassette rather than CD buyers at that time... Still.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Think the first one goes for about 40 quid allegedly...
          Now Thats What I Call Unbelievable!!!

I have been told its any of the NOW cds under #20 which are
          collectable, they started making them on #4,
          Now 4 the most collectable for a couple of reasons.
          This was the first cd compilation to be produced in the UK
          & cd players had been around for a couple of years but they were very expensive.
          The NOW collection had been going for a couple of years before they moved onto cd's  
          Not a lot were sold so they skipped 5, 6 & 7 on cd and started again on number 8
          (although there was a NOW '86 in between)
          The lps are still very cheap & common but those early cds are
          incredibly rare. The case of #4 is rare too as its got
          'patent pending' on it and is slightly smoother than cd cases today.
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Good God !

There's a dealer that Chris, Towny and I see in all the usual haunts up here in the North East and he's always picking up these LP's.. We did collectively wonder why...

... he started collecting these LP's just after he shut his shop in order to "concentrate on doing eBay"... sussed.
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
            X