Charles lloyd warm waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles lloyd warm waters

Scattershot US indie site digs list, with reviews. Intriguing mix and (4th item down) an alert that you should start stocking up on that Bucks Fizz back catalogue alongside your 'Now That's What I Call Music...' comps...

"...Bucks Fizz navigate a space between sophisticated, polished adult pop and bubblegum. They caught my eyes-- still smiling from Arsenal's 5-1 win over Inter the night before-- with their squeaky-clean look, but commanded a place on my iPod with their sugar-sweet harmonies, sometimes martial synthetic rhythms, and swirling hypnotic melodies. They should be investigated by anyone partial to the pleasures of communicative pop..."

That's us told, then!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

I've seen Bucks Fizz live. Twice.

Comment

I saw a great documentary about them in the 90's. As half the band had left they recruited the guy from Dollar who turned out to be a raging egomaniac who eventually set up his own rival Bucks Fizz with a darker sexier image. The original guy was horrified by this sullying of the decent Bucks Fizz family image. It was brilliantly entertaining - far more so than the music I dare say.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Bucks Fizz would of being a joy my Dad pulled a fast one by not feignining injury when I was a kid, so I took his place and I had to experience Shakin Stevens.
        That david van Day from Dollar is completely fruit and nuts, him and his burger van.
        there only noodles michael...

Comment

I found a paperback of The Shakin' Stevens Story at home last week. Where it came from god knows and I think its since gone to Oxfam.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
          X