Mint records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint records

I just found the "Erogenous" LP by The Mystic Moods and was surprised to see it got a UK release on Mint Records (MINT 2).

Just wondering what other Vultures have found on this label? The only other thing I've found is Kellee Patterson's "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More" (CHEW 10 - presumably there's another 9 singles then?), so I'm wondering if that LP might have come out over here too?

The 45 says it's part of President, but the LP says it's part of Decca (and based in Ballyclare, Northern Ireland)???

Once again, I bow down before your collective infinite wisdom...  
    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

As far as I know it was part of Decca. Maybe some sort of quasi-independent that had a change of distributors?

I've got two or three sevens on the label (plus that dodgy Mystic Moods LP). The only one of any note that I can recall off the top of my head is Freddie Waters "Groovin' on My Baby's Love" which is a nice, mid-tempo 70's southern soul groover (actually the b-side. the a-side's some rubbish about kung fu).

I've been looking out for that Kellee Patterson, on British. Nice to have it confirmed it actually came out.

As for President, in its many guises, that's got to be one of the most under-rated UK labels of all.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Not my collective wisdom I'm afraid. I only know the aforementioned release by Ms Patterson....
      He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Working...
      X