Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Yes, Aristocrat were the commercial arm of KPM - the James Clarke LP is 'Girl On The Beach', and another one is Alan Parker's 'Guitar Fantasy'.

The Lindup LP is (at least in part, I think) the KPM with 'The Zodiac' on it, but all the tracks are retitled. This particular LP is also the only place you'll get to hear these tracks in stereo - the KPM issue was mono, and the stereo master tapes are now missing, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• MystDrF
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]David Lindup and the Big Band 'When the Saints Go' (Aristocrat)
    This seems to be a commercial release KPM label...anyone have any info? are there others on the label?
    There's also Johnny Pearson Orchestra - Sounds Extravaganza (AR 1023) from 1970 .

And there is one by James Clarke which was I think produced by Syd Dale Can't remember what it was called , but it has some bloke stood on a beach on the cover.

I would swear there were some 45's too but this may just be some kind of urban myth as i can't remember where I saw them.

The letters KPM make frequent appearances and Aristocrat operate out of the same Denmark St. address some my guess it was KPM' attempt to storm the charts.

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    started a topic Record overload!

Record overload!

woken by the postie with a mint copy of Colosseum's first LP cheap off the 'Bay, then went out of Bristol to see a mate of mine (who's a dealer) who'd just bought a huge collection sight unseen at an auction described as 'Sinatra type stuff'. Spent a few hours helping him sort wheat (four mint Tubby Hayes LPs amongst them) from the near-chaff (55 Stan Kentons, every Mel Torme LP ever made, and loads of Tex Beneke, Ted Heath and assorted crap big bands...and picked up a few things for myself (cost me £40 in trades though):

Harry Roche Constellation - Spiral
    (been a bit of a white whale for a while)
    Milt Jackson - Olinga (nice CTI)
    NYJO - Mary Rose
    'Bones Galore
    Avon Cities - Current AC
    (local jazz outfit - never seem to see this one though)
    Descriptive Guitar and Flute vol 2 (Sonoton 167)

and this badger:
    David Lindup and the Big Band 'When the Saints Go' (Aristocrat)
    This seems to be a commercial release KPM label...anyone have any info? are there others on the label?

Then got back home to find a parcel from the states waiting with the neighbours:
    2 Free Design LPs / both Carolyn Hester Coalitions / Bobby Callender 'Rainbow' / Big Star 'Radio City' / Sarah Webster Fabio and a whole bunch of others...
Working...
X