David gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David gold

I'm trying to finad out a bit about the library composer David Gold, as I really like his stuff.

He turns up on KPM albums such as 'Move With The Times' and 'Soul Organ Showcase' doing some top-draw funky stuff.

The 'Big City Suite/Jingle Jangle Jingles' KPM LP is one of my favourites, containing some really lovely orchestral funk, and the entire album is by him.

He never seems to get mentioned, and the only other places (apart from a few Bruton LPs) I've ever seen his name is on LPs by artists such as Buddy Greco, Robert King and Chico Arnez, as an arranger.

Anyone got any more info on him....Lord Thames?!

Thanks!
    Barry Morgan's brother is a driving instructor

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Seventies Kid @ April 26 2004,09:11)]The 'Big City Suite/Jingle Jangle Jingles' KPM LP is one of my favourites, containing some really lovely orchestral funk, and the entire album is by him.
    I can get this for 22 euros, is it worth it? How would you describe the whole album?

Thanks

Comment

I found out fairly recently that David was actually the son of the well-known 1940s bandleader Harry Gold (who's band in its time contained such notables as Norrie Paramor and Geoff Love)

In the 60s, David had a job as a staff copyist at EMI Music in Gordon Rees' department. In 2000 he was living in Ireland, so is probably still there now.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Many thanks for the info Lord Thames, thought you'd be the man for the job - cheers!

Funky Tee - you'll love the KPM 'Big City Suite/Jingle Jangle Jingles' LP. It's full of great mid-70s cop show funk and check out the heavy jazz-rock jam on side 2 - 'Funky Finale'!
        Barry Morgan's brother is a driving instructor

Comment

Thanks for the info! I've just ordered it from the net  

Comment

Hmmm Dave Gold is only credited with one track on 'Soul Organ Showcase' - Atleast on my copy anyway.

Also on :-

'Contemporary Colour' - (KPM 1063) - 1970
            'Happy Rainbows' - (KPM 1127) - 19??
            'Gathering Crowds' - (KPM 1138) - 1974
            'Happy Hearts' - (KPM 1139) - 1974
            'Image' - (KPM 1141) - 1974
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
            X