Kill bill 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill bill 2

Not much hype this time round and a much better movie than the first one. I read some review a few days ago that said all the bits that were missing from part one were in part two which is very true. Much more depth, loads of dialogue, the story properly explained, great humour and a damn fine 'Shogun Assassin' reference. More great soundtrack 'sampling' too. When both movies get put back together and released on DVD (around Xmas?) it'll be winner.

In a word, superb. I put off seeing Vol.1 purely because I wanted to see the two as close together as possible, so got out the video of Vol.1 on Friday, then went to the flicks to see V.2 on Saturday...and whatever all the folks who claim to be 'underwhelmed' are on I have no idea. Tarantino loves movies, credits his sources (maybe too much for his own good) and - IMHO - usually improves on them, or makes them his own one way or another. Yes, it's a 4 hour long cartoon, but Thurman gives it real substance, and watching the Crazy 88 sequence (which gets bonus points for employing all-girl Japanese surf bands kicking up Medway style racket) it becomes clear how dull the overuse of CGI is making action in moves seem these days. In V.2, what's not to love? Daryl Hannah being queen bitch in an eyepatch? Michael Madsen looking well-raddled (hope it was for the part not what he looks like now) and David Carradine as the most likeable villain ever. Plus it's always nice to hear less-obvious choices on the OST - 'Tough Guys Theme', 'Nature Boy', tons of Morricone. Class. Not often I go to the cinema these days and come out not thinking about what else I could've spent that ten/eleven quid on instead, but I did on Saturday.
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Folks were going on about Vol 1 because it was overlong, often boring with a script that was just not up to scratch, with all the characters talking in the same style - however, it did have its moments. But I'm hearing good things about Vol 2 and will gladly give it a go at the cinema.
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

I thought it was wonderful. Really played well by all. Carradine must have been shitting his pants in delight when he got the script as he gets *all* the best lines.

Its really hard to discuss it without giving massive spoilers away. So I won't!

I have to say the un-cut Kill Bill 1 is actually worth tracking down. This will be the japanese issue. Doesn't have any black & white scenes and there are a few changed scenes.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I think once you see kb2 you start to understand kb1 better. So many things that happened there are made very prominent in kb2. Things that killed the pacing of the first one - the okinawaa hattori hanzo sequence - kind of have to happen for the second film. Again I really want to talk but it&#39;ll piss off everyone here.

Try and track down the uncut kb1 - its the japanese release. There are no black &amp; white sequences in the house of the blue leaves which is so much better. Also check the moment when sophie fatale walks down the stairs to the toilet and the camera tracks her all the way. How it doesn&#39;t cut away was just a mind boggling piece of directorship/cinematographer. It was obviously a nod to scorcese (goodfellas).

Comment

While I loved both Vol 1&amp;2 I have to voice my disappointment about the choice of music just before the climactic scene...a shitty cover version of ......(no spoiling) I mean what the f*ck was he thinking? Ill fitting &amp; annoying I kept thinking when the hell is this track going to end it&#39;s really pissing me off. My girlfriend said the same afterwards.
            Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Ahhh...I think you mean the malcolm mclaren cover. Yeah had me looking for my ear plugs&#33;

The music to the o-ren/bride fight is just so HORRIBLE in the first film. Its just cack-o-doodle.

Comment

Hi all,

5,6,7,8&#39;s are playing this friday night in sydney (Anandale Hotel for those sydney vultures) and apparently Tarantino is in sydney on the same night. Might be a chance of spotting him at the jap girl gig.

David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ April 26 2004,23:07)]Ahhh...I think you mean the malcolm mclaren cover. Yeah had me looking for my ear plugs&#33;

The music to the o-ren/bride fight is just so HORRIBLE in the first film. Its just cack-o-doodle.
                  Santa Esmeralda? I love that track. It&#39;s cheesy but it&#39;s great. I think it works really well in the film. I have the twelve inch. I played it out on saturday night and it went down really well. The Malcolm McLaren one I&#39;m not sure about. I didn&#39;t think it spoiled the film though. then again I like a bit of cheese once in a while. Keeps me sane.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ April 27 2004,08:44)]...then again I like a bit of cheese once in a while. Keeps me sane.  
                    No wonder you&#39;re having dreams about Lord T.

Ba doom tish&#33;
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Ok now the cats out the bag.....f*cking hell Malcolm Mclaren ffs. What a waste of space (apart from bigging up the &#39;World Famous Supreme Team&#39;..He was the fly in the Kill Bill ointment..
                      Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

damn i loved the selection of music in the first film sooo much, i think it added to it a great deal.

Comment

i think the visuals were a nice addition to the soundtrack. where i was watching, they showed 1&amp;2 and the sound was superloud and coming from all directions. make sure you go to theatre where they have proper sound levels.
                          er

Comment

I think I&#39;m one of the few not too into the use of the music in both kill bill movies (my favorite has to be the use of bernard hermans - twisted nerve). The use of the tough guys song in the pai mei teaching fight sequence gave me the goosebumps, but once the horns came in, I felt it didn&#39;t fit anymore. I feel the use of music is nowhere near Pulp Fiction (but maybe better as a compilation).

Comment

oh, i hated pulp fiction&#39;s tunes. maybe also because as a dj, you would get 99999 request on pulp fiction music.

the best tune for me was the re-edit of that old disco tune with flamenco guitar. the og has horrible vocals, but this was nicely looped. where lucy liu and the bride have the final fight in the snowy garden... actually, this was on vol. 1, nevermind. top tune. does anyone remember its name?
                              er

Comment

Working...
                              X