Monkey madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey madness

OK, which of you big DJ types charted this recently?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4008593564

I think I can still get some mint unplayed pic sleeve copies of this if anyone needs.

Have a gander at how much his Spanky reiss is going for BTW
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

also - didn't he do that Spanky boot in the first place?
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Waaa that monkey records is £2 from any OST section of any crap record fair.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ April 26 2004,23:30)]OK, which of you big DJ types charted this recently?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=4008593564

I think I can still get some mint unplayed pic sleeve copies of this if anyone needs.

Have a gander at how much his Spanky reiss is going for BTW  
        seen this in at least 2 big djs top tens recently &#33;&#33;&#33;

so.

i guess that means we all should rush out and get a copy ?&#33;

carl cox is a big fella

classic monkey quote:
        COME OUT AND FIGHT POOFTER ...
        Whats you&#39;re style ?

Comment

That &#39;Monkey&#39; seven and the LP always go for lots on ebay. It&#39;s been that way for a years.

Comment

you can laugh all you like at the Monkey 45 price, but that record used to get more reaction at our regular night than any other, both in terms of dancing and people coming up to the booth. a guaranteed response every time.

did it come out anywhere else other than the UK and Japan? it&#39;s certainly pretty easy over here but i&#39;ve had loads of email into blaxcom from people abroad who wanted it.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I&#39;m sure when Channel 4 showed this last year, the soundtrack was all kinda funky &quot;Hanged Man&quot; ill hip-hop beats type stuff. But when I checked the BBC LP (which I&#39;ve only ever seen once, and am now wishing I&#39;d bought), it was mostly ballads. In further question to Ed&#39;s post, has there been a CD with any of the decent music on it?

Where&#39;s that chap from Moviegrooves when you need him???
              There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

The actual Monkey LP by Godiego isn&#39;t as good as the TV soundtrack - it&#39;s mainly average 1970s Japanese pop, with none of the funky instrumentals on the series. But it does have that theme tune on it, which makes up for it&#33;

The single of the theme from &#39;The Water Margin&#39; on BBC is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]But when I checked the BBC LP (which I&#39;ve only ever seen once, and am now wishing I&#39;d bought), it was mostly ballads.
                  I&#39;ve got it and it is indeed baws apart from the extended version of the theme tune.

Also if you ever see the Water Margin LP by the same group - DON&#39;T&#33; There&#39;s a copy in my local Oxfam music shop for about £8 - if anyone really needs it give me a shout.

Ed - I wasn&#39;t belittling the mighty theme tune - in fact a copy is in playout box at all times - it was just the daft price but I suppose if there was no overseas release it would explain it - anyhow looks like I should grab a few more copies from my source&#33;

Comment

I&#39;d grab more, Lee. They generally go for £10-£20 on ebay and the album seems to go for about £20. The seven definitely pops up a lot more. I&#39;ve been watching these for a while. I&#39;m quite fascinated really. &#39;Monkey&#39; was an important part of my childhood. A lot of other peoples childhoods to it seems.

Comment

Where are all these Monkey singles then, &#39;cos I&#39;ve never seen one&#33; I had to get the CD reissue of the Japanese LP.

What&#39;s wrong with the Water Margin LP then? The single&#39;s great, but that&#39;s no guarantee of anything, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]What&#39;s wrong with the Water Margin LP then?
                        I had a listen and &#39;bad m.o.r. rock&#39; sprang to mind - just not my cuppa. Have to say I do like the 45 though and I used to love the programme even though they seemed to spend half of each episode running accross that river bed, waving flags without ever actually meeting up to do battle.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ April 27 2004,22:11)]I had a listen and &#39;bad m.o.r. rock&#39; sprang to mind - just not my cuppa. Have to say I do like the 45 though and I used to love the programme even though they seemed to spend half of each episode running accross that river bed, waving flags without ever actually meeting up to do battle.
                          Certainly was a lot of stream crossing going on in those episodes&#33; I especially remember one story where they were up a snowy mountain &amp; Pigsy left the cave for a jimmyriddle and heypresto, an instant yellow icicle did shoot out from his loins. Quality.
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I remember a man on a flying cloud. ???
                            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Oh, by the way, has anyone here heard about the &#39;new&#39; episodes of Monkey they&#39;re doing? They&#39;re doing an English version of the second Japanese series (which is about twenty years old and never made it over here the first time) and they&#39;re using as many of the original voice artists as possible, including Andrew &#39;Manuel&#39; Sachs, David Collings and Peter &#39;Del Boy&#39;s Dad&#39; Woodthorpe.

Comment

Working...
                              X