Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library question

Hi,

a local shop should be putting out a few librarys for around £10 each, there were a few 80's bruton's and Sonotons but what really caught my eye were some MP2000's.
    They seemed to be early 70's, the only name I can remember had moog in it. I know littkle about them except they are french(?). Are there any gems to look for?
    There were also a few KPM's including Single Instruments vol1 and I think a native african music one.
    Any suggestions of what is worth taking would be much appreciated.
    TOM
    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

On any MP2000 tip - probably old news but have a look at anything by Janko Nilovic and Andy Loore - also that Hawksorth one with 'Flip Flop' on it (Big Ben?).
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

If you find any of the Nilovic's for a tenner you'll be laughing. Obviously all the Impressions series are a must particularly 'Pop Impressions' the best one in the series imo. Chorus MP34 is the gem though.

Look out for Musardises by Edouard Duleu MP48 which is really nice too, very reminiscent of the 'wordless vocal' Yanko releases and a stunning cover!!! The track on this is 'Fleur De Jeunesse'. Lovely LP.

Good luck.

Comment

Cheers for that, "Impressions" sounds familiar, think there may have been some. I'm getting quite excited now!
        Just hope they don't find out there value and up the price.
        www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (LDJB @ April 27 2004,20:05)]also that Hawksorth one with 'Flip Flop' on it (Big Ben?).
          lee, that's the ronnie hazlehurst one "ben the big one". lovely album and "flip flop" is the business.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]lee, that's the ronnie hazlehurst one "ben the big one". lovely album and "flip flop" is the business.
            Ooops - yeah - that's the fella!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

if youre lucky there's :
              "Rythmes Contemporains" Nilovic Janko (mp 2000) N° 36
              one of the best library albums of all time imho...

Comment

Working...
              X