Bama winds - windy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama winds - windy

I came across this LP whilst browsing the racks in my local Oxfam music shop yesterday - basically a hits of the day type thing with the odd original tune (I assume) thrown in. I was intrigued as it was arranged etc by Syd Dale and had no players listed at all - also it was on pink Island label from around 1969. I had a quick listen and wasn't that impressed (probably more to do with the tenner price tag than the actual music - sort of easy jazzy stuff with lots of vibes, quite nice - if it had been priced in a proper charity fashion I would have snatched their arm off but lets not do that thread again today eh?).

So what is this - another library spin off? Why is the mighty Syd in cahoots with Mr Blackwell?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Syd did a fair bit of stuff for Island, actually - he did the arrangements for one of Nirvana's LPs (including the hit 'Rainbow Chaser&#39, and contributed an original composition to Wynder K Frogg's first LP too.

I might be interested in buying this LP actually, even at £10. If you see it again, let me know........

Comment

Thanks for the info Lord T. I need to head down there again tomorrow - if it's still there I'll pick it up.

I'd forgotten about the Dale / Nirvana interface! I think I'll go and play my Rainbow Chaser 45 right now....
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
      X