Rjd2's poorboy lover mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rjd2's poorboy lover mix

right, I've been doing some digging around the web and turned up nothing. I'm looking for a track listing to RJD2's Poorboy Lover Megamix on the 'Your face or your Kneecaps' CD. Its a mix of funk 45s in a similar style to Brainfreeze. I've asked on his own forum and no one seems to know anything.

Does anyone know this mix and have any track IDs?

cheers.
    www.myspace.com/usofaudio
    www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
    www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Try over at Soulstrut. They started doing the tracklist there.

Comment

Off the top of my head...

Ray Bryant 'Above The Rock'
      Mr C. And Funck Junction 'Hot Butter 'N' All Part 2.' (Part 1. is by Lou Courtney, hence Mr. C. I assume...).

These both appear just before he breaks out 'Let The Good Times Roll' (not sure if he actually uses the 45 of 'Tiger'?) but
      I'll have another listen - I should know more than that...
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Aaaargh! I've had a copy of this mix for ages and had controlled my urge for a tracklisting... 'til now. Most is fairly classic stuff (Nite-Liters, Meters etc.) but I'll have another listen and see if I can help you.

I actually tried to get him to come over to DJ, so phoned the number on the back of the CD to be met with a "how d'you get this number???". It's on the back of your CD, duh!
        There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ April 30 2004,11:28)]I actually tried to get him to come over to DJ, so phoned the number on the back of the CD to be met with a "how d'you get this number???". It's on the back of your CD, duh!
          haha, really?

He's doing a UK tour fairly soon, John S is having him play in Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (united states of audio @ April 30 2004,11:48)]He's doing a UK tour fairly soon, John S is having him play in Bristol.
            he puts on a good (reasonably) educated show - better than that DJcashmoney gubbins - if he's in your area, check it out!
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

its probably really obvious, but I&#39;d like to know who does that hip hop track &#39;double trouble&#39; which pops up about halfway thru &#33;?&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ May 01 2004,01:31)]its probably really obvious, but I&#39;d like to know who does that hip hop track &#39;double trouble&#39; which pops up about halfway thru &#33;?&#33;
                I haven&#39;t heard the mix. But it could be the Stoop Rap from the Wild Style soundtrack?

Comment

I can help out with a few of these I think.

Haven&#39;t got the CD to hand right now though, so I don&#39;t know the track numbers of the ones I know.

Speaking of the RJD2 live set, I&#39;d love to know what the last track he uses in his routine is, some fast funky rock thing which he scratches &quot;Oh yeah baby let the good times roll&quot; vocal over the top off.

That track is ridiculous.

Comment

Just remembered that &#39;Love Of A Woman&#39; by Lighthouse is on there. Now I know Vertigo made a 45 of &#39;One Fine Morning&#39;, but this???
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Blighty @ April 30 2004,11:25)]Try over at Soulstrut. They started doing the tracklist there.
                      Are you sure ? - I must have missed that.

Anyway, the &quot;title track&quot; is from Jim Ingram&#39;s &quot;Drum Beat&quot;
                      I haven&#39;t listened to the mix in a long time and can not remember any other details, but I know that I also failed to identify a lot of them.

By the way: Is &quot;Rain&quot; only on this mix CD or did it ever come out on vinyl ?

Comment

There was definitely a tracklist started at the Soulstrut forums. I can&#39;t remember how far people got and the boards all changed since then so it won&#39;t be in the archives but someone might have what was done saved.

As for &#39;Rain&#39;, it came out as a 45 on Bustown Pride with &#39;Find You Out&#39; on the flip.

Comment

There seems to be a decent amount of interest in this so we might as well give it a go. I&#39;m not particularly knowledgable when it comes to funk so I haven&#39;t added much but hey I can type numbers and full stops.    

01.Jim Ingram - Drum Beat
                          02.???/Wildstyle scratch
                          03.???/Wildstyle dialogue
                          07.Oliver Sain - St. Louis Breakdown
                          11.Albert King - I&#39;ll Play The Blues For You???
                          13.Ike &amp; Tina Turner - Bold Soul Sister/Sly &amp; The Family Stone - Sing A Simple Song
                          16.???/Double Trouble - Stoop Rap
                          20.???- Ain&#39;t No Sunshine
                          29.??? - It&#39;s My Thing
                          30.Ray Bryant - Above The Rock
                          36.Rjd2 - Let The Good Times Roll Part II/????
                          37.Rjd2 - Let The Good Times Roll Part I/Eric B &amp; Rakim - Follow The Leader (accapella)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (DJ Sheep @ May 01 2004,03:31)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ May 01 2004,01:31)]its probably really obvious, but I&#39;d like to know who does that hip hop track &#39;double trouble&#39; which pops up about halfway thru &#33;?&#33;
                            I haven&#39;t heard the mix. But it could be the Stoop Rap from the Wild Style soundtrack?
                            Yes it is.

Comment

cheers fellas - Blighty, I think theres definitley some interest here, I will pull out the CD and give it another listen tonight to see if I can add to the list you started

Comment

Working...
                              X