• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Sheep
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ May 02 2004,23:00)]
    Serms,

Thanks for the heads-up on the audio and site, I appreciate it.

Yes, my problem too with "A LOT" of the more well known Aussie stuff is that it's kinda too slick and sometimes corny. There's some heavy's out there though. You made a tidy little list of some good ones .

Also, you may have heard that SCRA on O-Dub's mixtape... he put it on there. Let me know if you need a copy, I know where one is.

peace.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Everyone has to check this site out. I've just spent an hour checking all the audio and reviews. Some ace stuff on there. That 45 #3 is cool.

PS The Kerrie Biddel link to the audio isnt right.

A lot is a bit too smooth-fusion for my tastes but hey its worth knowing what to pass on sometimes. I was really getting into the jazz/vibes stuff going on.

Some faves were -

The Great Mcarthy Soundtrack - Bezerk!
    Naturally Free - The cover is the biz.
    John Sangster - Not the hair one! Nice.
    Dr Tree - Yowzer! NEWZEALANDPLACEBO! Me want.
    SCRA - niiiice. I swear Ive heard this before.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Sheep
    started a topic Tasman connection

Tasman connection

http://www.bombhiphop.com/tasman/

Final update before I go to Japan, got a nice little 45 up there to listen to. Thought I'd post a reminder to those who haven't checked the site since I started... there's something like 90 pieces up now!

+ For those who have never checked the site, it aims to be "The definitive resource and database of funky Australian + New Zealand vinyl on the internet. Featuring jazz, funk, prog, psych, soul, rock, disco, drumbreaks, soundtracks and more!"

Thoughts, comments, praises, disses... all welcome!

peace.
Working...
X