X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eerie_Daily
    replied
    check the intro on 'mama iko na lia'
    I guess you have the same one I got then.
    Chicano on biram/wb

Leave a comment:

• DJ Sheep
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Eerie_Daily @ May 04 2004,16:37)]almost forgot: Black Blood had a hit called AIE (mwana) (also on the older birams)
    I have a Black Blood album, bought it at a German flea market... was fairly decent from memory, need to dig it out, I know it's got that "AIE" song on it...

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Their best tune is probably Wela Wela. Danny Krivit did a nice edit of it on some copm on Strut.

On the same tip, check out Malinga 5 from France.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    aaaaah that explains so much. FYI the album isnt all that.

Well needle dropping it werent all that. Lots of african singing and some jazz/funk business.

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Oh, if it's that Black Blood then they're Belgian, aren't they? They did LAX on Prelude as well.

Leave a comment:

• Eerie_Daily
    replied
    The groups name is 'black blood' and I own an older LP on biram aswell. Havn't seen the Mandingo Joint but the one I got is jampacked with percussion nice basslines and breaks!
    only wack thing is, they sing in swaheli which kills the funkyness to me..

almost forgot: Black Blood had a hit called AIE (mwana) (also on the older birams)

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Yes I think its a totally different group but there was the morgan studios connection which threw me.

Leave a comment:

• llmod1
    replied
    Serms, this is a totally different group (I think)

Leave a comment:

• DJ Sheep
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ May 02 2004,13:31)]I havent got a record player here! I won't know till tomorrow!
    Keep us posted.

Speaking on Mandingo, why does Savage Rite never turn up for me on the cheap? What does this go for in the UK?

peace.

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    I havent got a record player here! I won't know till tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• DJ Sheep
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ May 02 2004,11:39)]I caught this today from a record fair. On Biram records from 1977. Anyone know why its not the usual uk sessioners but some French/Africans.

Weird thing is...it was recorded at Morgan Studio and engineered by Mike Butcher.

Er..
    Is it dope?

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    started a topic Mandingo - black blood!

Mandingo - black blood!

I caught this today from a record fair. On Biram records from 1977. Anyone know why its not the usual uk sessioners but some French/Africans.

Weird thing is...it was recorded at Morgan Studio and engineered by Mike Butcher.

Er..
Working...
X