Funky superfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky superfly

I see there's a fan club copy of Bobby Williams Funky SuperFly up on the bay.

I can remember an early Big Daddy in which Mr SoulFire Lehman stated that this copy of the LP was much harder sounding than the general sale issue. Is this true? How different are the two LPs (presuming there is a difference). Does anyone know how many copies of the fan club issue where pressed?

I'm quite happy with the cheap and good 7".
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

One of my biggest faux pas was not picking up the fan club album - OK it was ten years ago, and the guy wanted £100 for it. A positive steal, as I know now, but back then a oner was a oner.

I remember it sounding certainly grainier than the more available press, but there wasn't an awful lot to choose betweeen the two.

The desirability is the rarity - I've been told two figures for press runs. 300 and 500. I'ld go with the 500 but don't hold me to that.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mr Belson.

Comment

Is the sound of the recent re-issue closer to the Fan Club issue or the supposedly inferior issue ?

Comment

I'm guessing the re-issue (bootleg?) is from the less rare original sale issue and not fan club issue.

This reminds me. I have a copy of Funky Superfly 7 on Duplex which someone told me is 'rawer' (their words) than the MVTH version. Is this complete bollocks?

I also have a copy of Lets Jam on Contempo whichs sounds really rough and different from the LP version.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ May 05 2004,10:19)]I see there's a fan club copy of Bobby Williams Funky SuperFly up on the bay.
            Is there? Where? Couldn't see it anywhere...

As for the difference between Duplex and MVTH pressings, as far as I know the A-sides are the same, but the part 2s on the flip are different. The Duplex one sounds like it actually IS part two, but the MVTH one sounds like it's part two of a completely different take (which is what my shonky bootleg LP is like too - plus there's an extra track - don't think Let's Work A While is on the original).

I was going to say I think the LP is really over-rated, but upon checking, it looks like it's completely the wrong tracks on the bootleg and they're the ones I don't like much...

Might have to just buy the fanclub one to check...
            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Just a bit too late Mr Divine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4010173302

Comment

Damn, can't believe I let that one slip through my fingers. If I'd just read the item description a few minutes sooner, it could have been mine...

"Below the title, a note reads: "to get this record free all you have to say is that you want to become a member of his fan club.""
                There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ May 05 2004,23:20)]Damn, can't believe I let that one slip through my fingers. If I'd just read the item description a few minutes sooner, it could have been mine...

"Below the title, a note reads: "to get this record free all you have to say is that you want to become a member of his fan club.""
                  Don't forget pay over $600

Comment

Working...
                  X