Hammond cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond cheese

i needed to make some numbers up on the old 4 for a quid deal and i was suckered into these 2 ,the hammmond brothers feat jan de nef(daydream suckered me in on this one&#33ad-rhythm,and the harry james big band,rediffusion(green onions pulled me in on this one&#33
    iwas wondering if theyre any good? im only asking as i am stuck at my parents and they dont own a record player! cheers!

Is that the Wallace Collection/Gunter Kallman version of 'Daydream' (by Vincent/Van Holman/MacKay)?

I don't know either of those records but I have a Tony Back album on Ad-Rhythm with a killer version of 'Scarborough Fair' on it and the Baron has charted a couple of Ad-Rhythm albums this month including a different Tony Back. They don't seem to turn up much so they are worth grabbing. Anything on Redifussion is worth checking out too. A 'Green Onions' cover sounds promising. I'd be interested to hear your verdict on these albums once you've had a chance to check them out, kidsaer.

Comment

I've got a Harry James Rediffusion LP, but I don't recall it having Green Onions on it - if it's the same one, I seem to recall it's contemporary hits done in Harry James' tradition style, straight ahead big-band swing with solo trumpet lead. I'll see if I can find my copy and give a fuller verdict.

The Hammond Brothers were either Dutch or Belgian, and I think they're fairly typical of the organists from that part of the continent. Didn't know they did a version of 'Daydream', though!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]i was wondering if they're any good? im only asking as i am stuck at my parents and they dont own a record player! cheers!

Saer - you need to get yourself a portable bro ! Stop spending all your cash on rare psyche LP's and drop into Richer Sounds next month once you've saved up !

I'll give you a call next week regarding the next Tanners nite...

Peace!
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

yo sie just missed one in scope! ive listened 2 them records now! day dream covers funny ,but the cover "green onions" was lame as hell,back to the charity shop with that one! cheers for the advise y,all. ive also got a kool tony back lp on ad-rythm. cant remember the tittle,but does a kool version of "workin in a coalmine"

Comment

I wouldn't mind the Harry James LP if you're going to get rid of it - just need to check it's not the one I've got already!

Comment

Working...
            X