Radio boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio boys

Just a quick reminder that the radio show is going out right now if you wanna wrap some ears around some world beats and hilariously poor presenting skills:

Tube radio 103.8 fm

www.tuberadio.co.uk to listen online

[email protected]

text us on 07956168371

Sorry, it's a bit sketchy, I'm live!!!

Webcam is roaring sexy funk!

Peace
    I was raised by wolves

I'm listening. Sounding nice far. What was the Aurora Borealis track you played? You were just announcing it when I tuned in. It's very very familiar (sampled? comped?). It's gonna bug me until I know.

Comment

That track (Aurora Borealis) was by Jukka Tolonen from the album The Hook, also available on Cross Section, on the excellent Finnish label Love Records.
      DJ Vadim sampled it on one of his albums, all he did was pretty much straight loop the intro though. Now I know that's what a lot of good Hip-hop is about but I think it's a bit cheeky when it's an instrumental track. Some people probably thought it was him playing the piano over a drum break!
      Any way, massive respect to Ed for pointing me in the right direction with Tolonen and some of the other Finnish stuff.
      TOM
      www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Tom. It's a damn nice track. I may know it via Vadim. I don't listen to much of his stuff though so maybe not. Fuck it! I'll pretend I know it via the DJ Vadim sample and put my mind to rest. Like that's gonna work.

Comment

I think Blackalicous have sampled it on their last album actually, not sure what track as I haven't bought any of their stuff since A2G.
          I was sure I'd heard that loop somewhere else too!
          www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (green man @ May 06 2004,13:07)]I think Blackalicous have sampled it on their last album actually, not sure what track as I haven't bought any of their stuff since A2G.
            I was sure I'd heard that loop somewhere else too!
            The Breaks have it down for Vadim and Blackalicious though. I don't think I know it from either of those tracks although I should dig through my collection or download and check or something. Records just get lost in my head.

Comment

It was bloody hard work and I aint just saying that, it was filled with tiny red faced moments! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat tunes tho', you didnt get that quality with old Giles back in the day, oh no!
              I was raised by wolves

Comment

Working...
              X