What is wrong with bread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with bread?

I remember the days when you could get a good thick slice of white bread the same consistency as a tablet eraser.

Now its all about sticking a few spoons of sawdust in and calling it 'wholesome' or, worse still, 'best of both'. Worst of neither more like!

And whatever happened to the bread wars? A bus fare to the supermarket used to cost more than a half hundredweight of savers thick white sliced.

And bring back the tags I used to put on my brake cable!
    ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

i didnt like the Dad, his Hair was to wild, he used to scare me!
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

saccharine pop of the worst kind.

and

Comment

Originally posted by eric-adams View Post

This book scares me - 'Bread: The Scripts' - I can't believe that anyone bothered to write them down, let alone print the shit.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
          I can't believe that anyone bothered to write them down
          I'm assuming Carla did, at some point. That nobody shot her whilst she was doing it is the real mystery
          ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by eric-adams View Post

Freddy Fucking Boswell
            I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

jesus christ, what's happening here this morning. I am not ashamed to say that I used to enjoy watching bread, and indeed the pantheon of Carla's other work. It's populist television. at the time I must only have been 14 or 15 so my critiques weren't as finely honed as they are now, but on reflection it was good sunday night television.

Let's spread some love people, that's what the world needs now. and money.
              I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                Let's spread some love people, that's what the world needs now. and money.
                ah, now there was a band...

Comment

A couple of things

1st - I think the 2nd world war happened and everyone had their stanard loafs. Since then we have been addicted to fluffy tasteless white cac.

2nd - We discovered and isolated the yeast used to make bread rise, refined it and inso doing this we made bread making quicker and easy, but got rid of an essential ingrediant called lactobali. This is what gives good natural yeasted bread it's depth of flavour.

Personally it's a rustic chewy sourdough for me all the way. No need to add seeds or nuts, just a good flour blend, salt water and time.
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris View Post
                    Personally it's a rustic chewy sourdough for me all the way. No need to add seeds or nuts, just a good flour blend, salt water and time.
                    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=22iu_TQ6Vo0

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I know there are some Greggs fans here, but it's 'bakers' like this that are killing good bread. You can't get a decent crusty, tasty loaf these days. I get french sticks from M&S I'm ashamed to say. It's my only option other than supermarket plop or the afore-mentioned grease merchants.
                      RIP bread.

Comment

we have a good variety of bread in Sweden.

Mmm, there is a killer sourdough/walnut/dried fruit bread I would buy more if it was less expensive.
                        rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

I would say this thread is pretty offensive to the gluten intolerant!
                          .... ..- -. - . .-. ... / -... .. .-.. - --- -. --. / --. ..- .- .-. .- -. - . . -.. / ..-. .-. . ... .... -. . ... ... .-.-.-

Comment

Originally posted by Old School Tramp View Post
                            I would say this thread is pretty offensive to the gluten intolerant!
                            There are some very good quality 100% rye breads out there. So there you intolerant gluton intolerant!
                            My Mixcloud

Comment

Breadolution!

We've got a new bakery in BS5 and it's called 'Breadolution' It's bread lives up to it's name
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X