Top of the pops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the pops

I seem to becoming more obsessed with Top Of The Pops LPs, and just buy any I see now (which is quite a lot). I was wondering about chucking a huge job lot of them up on ebay, but maybe listing them individually might make more sense. In my last post I was asking if people actually pay around £30 for TOTP albums.

Well looks like they do!!!

Three days to go too!!!
    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Yeah well thats a lusardi one innit!

After seeing her in the games I would easily spuff 20p on a copy. She is a ladeeeeee.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I think any collectability that one may have is possibly down to the fact it&#39;s the very last one issued, and hardly ever turns up - I only found one last month, and I paid £2 for it, which is about twice as much as the maximum I&#39;d pay for one of these.

Though obviously Linda Lusardi in Bacofoil may persuade some people to crank open their wallets too.......

I&#39;m still missing about 20 TOTP LPs actually, Mr D, so if you&#39;ve got any you want to get shot of, let me know which ones&#33;

Comment

Lord Thames - I picked up two today (must be catching), but didn&#39;t find anything on them that I want to hang on to, so they&#39;ve got your name on if you want them - Vol.27 and Vol.61 - holler if you want them. There&#39;s a Contour 16 Chart Hits Vol.6 up for grabs too

I am keeping the mfp &#39;Cover Girl&#39; album though - nice versions of Son Of Preacher Man and Shirley&#39;s version of &#39;Something&#39; - plus it&#39;s a BWD Production, and I&#39;m studiously trying to emulate their bass sound .

I&#39;d buy that Linda one for £2 any day
        FunkyDown
        Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

I was cleaning out my closet and found my terry durham &#39;crystal telephone&#39; og affinity on vertigo....oh yeah and these...

I reckon Ive got 200 records stuff in there&#33; All CRAP. I&#39;ll take some shots and if anyone would want any...

Comment

Serms - If you&#39;re serious can I make you an offer for the Band of Gold and the Sunshower LPs?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I&#39;d be interested in those Hammond Golds, or is that cheating&#33;  
              Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Dr Rubberfunk - I&#39;ve got 27 and 61, but thanks for the offer&#33; I&#39;m trying to find out who the bassist is on the BWD productions, actually - I think Alan Moorhouse was the arranger on most of the Cover Girl LP, and I strongly suspect that members of the Johnny Howard Band provided the backing for many of the Hot Hits series.

Sermad - I need the TOTP with the yellow cover and the girl with the afro and also the one on the top row with the white cover and the girl in pink.

Wouldn&#39;t mind that &#39;Latin Flutes&#39; too, actually - let me know if I can have &#39;em&#33;

PS - the TOTP on the top left is the one with Alan Hawkshaw on &#39;Ain&#39;t Got No - I Got Life&#39;.....one for the &#39;bay, perhaps?

Comment

Oi Lee hands off my Circles&#33; Hehe. Sorry they aint for trade. I&#39;m building a discog of all of them and like to have them as the covers are total bonkers.

Any doubles of the sga&#39;s are more than free to go to a good home.

Lord T - You need the two middle ones? Ok let me listen to check there are no ILLSICKBREAKS on there first&#33;

Comment

Ta, guv&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ May 05 2004,23:00)]Dr Rubberfunk - I&#39;ve got 27 and 61, but thanks for the offer&#33; I&#39;m trying to find out who the bassist is on the BWD productions, actually - I think Alan Moorhouse was the arranger on most of the Cover Girl LP, and I strongly suspect that members of the Johnny Howard Band provided the backing for many of the Hot Hits series.
                      I figured you probably would have

Top work on the BWD sleuthing - will keep &#39;em peeled for more Johnny Howard stuff in that case

And that mysterious brown top left TOTP
                      FunkyDown
                      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]I&#39;d be interested in those Hammond Golds, or is that cheating&#33;
                        Only if someone catches you Mr H ::

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Oi Lee hands off my Circles&#33; Hehe. Sorry they aint for trade. I&#39;m building a discog of all of them and like to have them as the covers are total bonkers.
                        In that case, I&#39;ve a few well gash one&#39;s you can have for the collection if you don&#39;t already have &#39;em. Those Graphfreaks fellas did quite a few sleeves for Polydor besides the COS ones - they&#39;re all bonkers too&#33;
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

haha the mysterious brown totp has a woman witha floppy hat. Ive no idea if its er terrible or just plain bad. it was 20p. Who am I to argue?

Lee - I would love to any cos&#39;s of your hands. I can do a cdr or the ones you need if you like? Im not quite sure what its like (sorry I stuck all my charity records in my cupboard about 6 months ago in a vain attempt of seeing some floorage&#33

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (sermad @ May 05 2004,22:26)]I reckon Ive got 200 records stuff in there&#33; All CRAP. I&#39;ll take some shots and if anyone would want any...  
                            I reckon you&#39;re sitting on a goldmine... Just remember the golden mantra and keep repeating it to yourself &quot;cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake...&quot; Actually, I&#39;m feeling a bit peckish now...
                            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Serms, which COS LPs do you need?

I know of a local charity shop that has a couple in, but they looked to lightweight to be bothering with. One of them was a Norrie Paramor one, the name of the other escapes me for now. But I&#39;m happy to pick them up next time I&#39;m down should they still be there.

And I&#39;ve got Bones Galore at home myself.

The only one I see regularly is that James Last &#39;Love Must Be The Reason&#39;, but others occasionally surface at booters. If you list the titles you&#39;re after I can try and file them in the grey matter for next time I go booting.
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X