Sound burger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound burger

Just picked one of these up, and i want to consign my vestax to a downstairs system so i can look all pro on the road with my Burger Problem is the needle is knackered. Anyone know if you can still get them, in Japan/Germany?? Or if you can mod them to take other needles?
    working together for better bass and treble

Cell....
    I think I have a spare, but I found it easy to buy a replacement. I think I got one from a regular stereo shop, if you have any problems let me know & ill nip down & check the shop for you. (It just the red plastic push in needle)
    Hope this helps. Bout £12 if I remember, dearer than the cost of the burger!! But I was not complaining!!!
    boney
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Thanks Boney, will get back to you if i don't come up with anything. You lucky thing! Mine cost me £50 off a market stall .. just couldn't say no and had the exact amount burning a hole in my pocket, i was so dissapointed when i came home to try it, no refunds with this trader He had one of the Sony ones as well, but he wanted £100 for it, seemed a bit steep to me. Also he reckons he can get one of the front loading 45 car radios, gawd knows what he's going to charge for that, proberbly chews records a treat but i still want one
      working together for better bass and treble

Comment

Ive scored one for a fiver once, but I have also shelled out about £30.00 for one at an antique centre.

The one for a fiver was dope, Silver & fully boxed with a manual. Traded it for an LP, but kept the manual when I found a yellow one! Then I found a red one! so i've swopped the battery covers to add extra kudos to my digging!!!!!
        Any one know how many colours they were made in???
        My favourite is this Red boogie box / Ghetto blaster with the turn table that pops out, battery operated too.
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

If anyone has a spare battery cover let me know. Grrrr....
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

if anyone has a spare soundburger, let me know too!
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

They sure sound pretty but they are flimsy as hell.

When your jostling over crates at utrecht and the like your record player always gets a battering - Thats why I stick with the GP3. Its a tank! Dropped it umpteen times now!

But yeah £50 is a real nice price (would be my limit for one) - I saw a guy at a record fair selling two recently for £75 and passed.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

There&#39;s a soundburger stylus listed here:

http://www.musonic.co.uk/styliaudiotechnica.htm
                Endless Tripe

Comment

I&#39;ve just bought a brand new one from a guy in the Philipines. Mint and unused. Wasn&#39;t cheap (Serms how could you turn down 2 for £70) but i bought it using money from Ebay sales so probably equates to about £3 from a charity shop.

Anyway I have an old one which unfortunately plays everything slightly too quickly. If anyone is technically minded and wants to buy my old one to repair then let me know&#33;

Comment

They were £75 each. And I wouldnt ever use it. And I think they are over-valued - £200 is ridiculous to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ May 07 2004,13:34)]They were £75 each. And I wouldnt ever use it. And I think they are over-valued - £200 is ridiculous to be honest.
                      200 quid?&#33;&#33;&#33;

that must be the Northern Soul special edition &#39;burger&#33;
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

they easily sell for one fiddy on the bay&#33;

Comment

Actually, folowing on from llmod, does anyone know of a way to fix record players that play slightly fast? My Fidelity Ambiophonic music centre needs a bit of work in that department, though it&#39;s anything but a portable - I know, I had to lug the damn thing from Aldershot to the Safeways car park in Farnham......never again&#33;

Comment

My new soundburger arrived and I&#39;m very chuffed. I think anyone that owns a soundburger would agree that nothing else on the market can really touch it although I do agree with Sermad that it likes a flat surface.

Comment

Working...
                            X