Geoff love doing ennio morricone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff love doing ennio morricone

Musically I mean. There was this double album that I left behind in The British Heart Foundation today that had an album of Legrand and an album of Morricone all by Mr Love. I've not seen them before but for some reason I didn't buy them. Only 79 pence. Is it any good?

For 79p surely it's worth a punt? Thats 39.5p per album. Go on - splash out man.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hey!! This is no time for logic.

Comment

Any recollection of what the tracks were?
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I recall picking up the 'Western Themes' one in the belief that stabs at the 'Good Bad & The Ugly' type themes would be worth it, but ended up putting the LP back into the charity bag straight away...can't remember now what was on it, except things like 'The Big Country' etc. Even so, surely it's not humanly possible to muck up a WHOLE LP of Morricone themes? Even if five of them are the likes of 'Chi Mai'...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Geoff Loved doing 'Svolta Definitiva'. Mmmm...
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ May 06 2004,21:30)]Any recollection of what the tracks were?
              Not really. Some obvious Eastwood stuff from the usual including that harmonica track from 'Once Upon A Time...'. Some Italian titled stuff that I didn't reconise. I assumed this album was fairly common and the fact that I'd not heard of it was because it was crap. My bad. I'll have to get back down that neck of the woods asap.

Comment

I have just taken a punt on a Geoff Love Young Generation rip-off called Second Generation. Kicks off with Stevie's Uptight, but I haven't heard it yet. First on the deck when I get home will be Cavendish 10 ... "a vocal album for all your needs" from 1973 arranged by Ray Davies. My needs are funk and very few vocals Ray. Can you do that?
                It ain't shakey

Comment

My present copy of the Second Generation's virtually unplayable, (so if you need to dispose of yours, Dr K, you know where I am&#33 but from what I can tell the 'Uptight' isn't too bad. Not overly fond of the singing, but the backing's good.

Michael Barrymore's ex missus Cheryl is on that album too.

Comment

So what's this all about Lord T?
                    The Second Generation seem to have had their own Alan Tew-penned theme tune (that's assuming Keith Richards is cool with the blatant steal of Satisfaction) and Geoff Love gets funky several years before Big Terror Themes, but sadly can't sustain it for a whole song, and that out-of-breath out-of-tune ensemble singing is a bit much... but was this just a record to cash in on the Young Generation's rep or did they do the seaside tours and TV shows as well?
                    It ain't shakey

Comment

I do believe there was a TV series with them, some kind of LWT pop show - I can't remember what it was called, but it was something like 'XXX XXX and the 2Gs'. I assume the 2Gs were launched when the original YG got a bit too old and doddery for the energetic stuff!

I do like that version of 'Uptight', though it takes about ten minutes to get through it on my copy, what with all the scratches and that.

Comment

Finally picked this up. It had moved to a different branch and cost me an extra 20p for my troubles. It's nothing special. The tracklist is:

1.Man With The Harmonica (Once Upon A Time In The west)
                        2.Fistfull Of Dollars Theme
                        3.Sweet Susan
                        4.Le Casse
                        5.Sacco And Vanzetti
                        6.The Battle Of Algiers Theme

1.Il Etait Fois La Revolution
                        2.The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Theme
                        3.Quando Le Donne Avevano La Coda
                        4.For A Few Dollars More Theme
                        5.Incontro
                        6.One Upon A Time In The West Theme

Man With The Hamonica and The Good, The Bad.... are both kinda nice and gently funky. In fact the latter's pretty loopable. Definitely worth picking up but nothing too mindblowing on there. That said I haven't propely explored the Legrand album yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X