Shhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhh!

Bit quiet recently - are you all out digging in the sunshine? (Or hard at work?). Anyway, let's see if a few old chestnuts get a reaction...

1. Oxfam pricers are the Devil's own yet noone bats an eyelid when Matt scores a 'Big Beat' there (sorry Mr. Divine - I don't think we've reached your seven week deadline yet?)???  

2. I suspect our favourite eBay seller was behind the reissue of Johnny Harris' 'Movements' (plus he's now getting decent money from fair auctions) so can he be placed alongside Licorice Soul and Serm's in the 'doing things properly club'???  

3. And, erm. Bootings been total shite so far this year, hasn't it?  
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ May 13 2004,14:33)]2. I suspect our favourite eBay seller was behind the reissue of Johnny Harris' 'Movements'
    What makes you think that? I'm intrigued - certainly his Johnny Harris website seems quite well informed, so it's not impossible. Always seemed a decent chap to me, anyway, despite the ribbing he got on here!

I actually bought two records in an Oxfam yesterday - I'm just waiting for a suitable midweek digs thread to spill the beans in.........

Comment

Can I make a suggestion to the guys that run the site? Maybe feature the forum more prominently on the home page. It's still not obvious that there is a forum. Last time I looked, it just said trades, I think. Or is it meant to be a secret?  
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

all the action is over on the Deepfunk board. lively thread about reissues, 'real records' and armchairs...

Comment

agreed, Bill. i think i've made that suggestion before. i didn't go to the forum for ages, thinking it was just a link to a trades list...

Comment

1. I got a decent 45 in Oxfam yesterday, at a fair price too - no complaints here.

2. Was it not reissued properly before? Why do it again?

3. Yes, apart from a copy of "Stormbringer"
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ May 13 2004,14:44)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ May 13 2004,14:33)]2. I suspect our favourite eBay seller was behind the reissue of Johnny Harris' 'Movements'
              What makes you think that? I'm intrigued - certainly his Johnny Harris website seems quite well informed, so it's not impossible.  Always seemed a decent chap to me, anyway, despite the ribbing he got on here!

I actually bought two records in an Oxfam yesterday - I'm just waiting for a suitable midweek digs thread to spill the beans in.........
              If you read the liner notes, I'm pretty sure the names match up. So, as someone who's maligned him in the past, I'd like to stick my hands up and say sorry and nice work (and nice to see more upfront auction listings ).

And Bill, you're right - I had to remind Matt where the forum was when he started the new job, 'cos he couldn't find it.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (LDJB @ May 13 2004,14:49)]2. Was it not reissued properly before? Why do it again?
                I think that's the one I mean Lee (the WB with the extra tracks and the interview...).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ May 13 2004,14:33)]Bit quiet recently - are you all out digging in the sunshine?
                  sunshine? eh?

no digs for me until later - working hard, doing lots of soldering of audio cables this afternoon, trying to keep off the workbench, things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ May 13 2004,14:45)]Can I make a suggestion to the guys that run the site? Maybe feature the forum more prominently on the home page. It's still not obvious that there is a forum. Last time I looked, it just said trades, I think. Or is it meant to be a secret?  
                    I always assumed this was intended as a measure to keep out all the deadbeats...

...in which case it doesn't work. I found it.
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

Me too. Or maybe it's a way of preventing us from interacting with the world outside too much.

Comment

it wasn't reissued before, only booted, with poor sound and cover reproduction.

maybe that's why he been buying all the Movements on Ebay - so people have to get the reissue...?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (bongolia @ May 13 2004,14:46)]all the action is over on the Deepfunk board. lively thread about reissues, 'real records' and armchairs...
                          armchairs?

I want one of those electric 'comfy davros' churchill ones I just saw advertised on the tv  
                          Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ May 13 2004,15:17)]Me too.    Or maybe it's a way of preventing us from interacting with the world outside too much.
                            "interacting"??? "world outside"???? what's this strange language you talkin'?

(just one more thing....I always thought was supposed to be an image of serge gainsbourg....)
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ May 13 2004,15:35)]"interacting"??? "world outside"???? what's this strange language you talkin'?....)
                              Nerdspeak. I thought you were fluent?!? Hang on...

Comment

Working...
                              X