Diggage & current listenin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggage & current listenin'

Following the last post I oblige with a recent dig tally...
    As poor as it's been... some decent bits along the way..

Salsoul Orchestra - Nice & Nasty - Salsoul UK
    Bossa Rio - Bossa Rio - A&M - UK
    Marie Laforet - Portrait - Festival (Racous version of paint it Black)
    Koichi Oki - Yamaha Superstar - Ad Rhythm
    Roy Ayres - Red Black & Green - Polydor US Orig (What the chuff is that doing on a Lancashire Market Stall???!&#33 (£8)
    James Moody - Last Train From Overbrook - Cadet US
    David Briggs - Keyboard Sculpture - Monument US (Versions of Get Back, Son of A Preacher Man, Soulful Strutt, Light My Fire & orig. "Moon Strutt" which at first listen sound groovy)
    Chacka Khan & Rufus - Street Player - ABC
    Brasilian Carnival - S/T - a&m (UK comp w/ Sergio Milton Nascimento Tamba 4 +++)
    Salsoul - Sat Night Disco Party - Salsoul
    Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - Clean copy, sounds boss.

BEST BUYS!!!:
    Ian Carr CD's, All the rare Jazzers & Belladonna....Roots...
    (Holiday listening, off to Portugal on Sun)

Current Listening:

Betty Davis - Shoo-Be-Doop & Cop Him, forgot how dope this is.

Forum West - Wewerka Archive 1962-1968 (Mega jazz comp, got today)

Soulful Strings - Comin' Home Baby (Love most versions of this tune, recent ebay cheapie. Phil Upchurch on geetar & Charles Stepney on organ & vibes.) Harry stonehams is my fave version at the moment.......

Some stupid 45 with PE accapella over White Stripes 7 nation army, probally not have any longevity but made me laugh & dance  in the shop!

The Bees - Wash in the Rain 45 (I love this, fooking gettin' into indie now)

show me what ya got!!!!!
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

So tell me sir, is your business here records, beach, football or all of the above?

Of course by "here" I mean Portugal...

Comment

Just paid through the nose for a Dikalo...

Gawd, what am I doing??
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ May 13 2004,17:15)]Some stupid 45 with PE accapella over White Stripes 7 nation army, probally not have any longevity but made me laugh & dance  in the shop!
        and the 'funky drummer' too...believe me, the novelty wears off pretty quickly
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (buddah @ May 13 2004,17:25)]So tell me sir, is your business here records, beach, football or all of the above?
          Strictly beach pool & food, like sly stone said its a family affair! Although if I nip out early to get some breakfast item's & just happen across a source of records, you never know. Had to go out & buy some shorts today, apparently Speedo's aint cool no more!

Yeah John, I already rueing that purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ May 13 2004,17:27)]Just paid through the nose for a Dikalo...

Gawd, what am I doing??
            I think I'm about to pay through the nose, ears, and throat for a Norma Winstone and hopefully a couple of Westbrooks....

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ May 13 2004,17:34)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (buddah @ May 13 2004,17:25)]So tell me sir, is your business here records, beach, football or all of the above?
              Strictly beach pool & food, like sly stone said its a family affair! Although if I nip out early to get some breakfast item's & just happen across a source of records, you never know. Had to go out & buy some shorts today, apparently Speedo's aint cool no more!

Right on!

Enjoy your stay then and don't hesitate if you need any pointers!

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ May 13 2004,17:34)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ May 13 2004,17:27)]Just paid through the nose for a Dikalo...

Gawd, what am I doing??
                I think I'm about to pay through the nose, ears, and throat for a Norma Winstone and hopefully a couple of Westbrooks....
                The Norma Winstone is quality, and Ive been listening to Westbrook's Love Song's recently, superb.
                If it's Marching Song dont pay out, as Ive got a US & UK copies, & imho it aint that clever.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ May 13 2004,17:40)]The Norma Winstone is quality, and Ive been listening to Westbrook's Love Song's recently, superb.
                  If it's Marching Song dont pay out, as Ive got a US & UK copies, & imho it aint that clever.
                  point taken on marching song, I'm just seeing what turns up really - it's someone who bought a lot of UK jazz at the time, and is up for selling some of it. The good thing is they'll all be near mint - this is someone who takes serious care of his records. And I've been looking for the Norma for a while now....

Comment

Diggage:

James Last - Summertime (seven inchs of Last)
                    Hot Chocolate - Bump And Dilly Down (Errol's only(?) funky track)
                    Steinski & The Mass Media  - The Motorcade Sped On (the NME seven)
                    De La Soul - Magic Number (Frosties flexi for my flexi collection)

Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles (the Urban 12 '' reissue with the looped up intro edit)
                    Perez Prado - Now (loadsa funky breaks and stuff and rare and stuff)
                    James Last - Beach Party (alternative cover with the people playing with their beach ball)
                    John Williams - Travelling (Cheers Matt. Amusingly I've had 3 of these and 1 Duke Grant)
                    Jean-Christian Michel - Musique Sacree (weird jazz with lots of church organ)
                    Mike Morton Congregation - Nonstop Top 20 (surprisingly good cover of 'Move On Up&#39
                    The New World - Trumpet A'Gogo (mad and rather excellent jazz scat thing on Saga. Grab this if you see it. Is that Lesley Judd on the cover?)

Current listening:

Van Morrison - Moondance (my favorite Van album)
                    Paul Nice  vs Jay-Z - The Black Album Remix EP (great party rocking versions)
                    Outkast - Stankonia (getting back into this)
                    Lo-Fidelity Allstars - How To Operate With A Blown Mind (getting back into this too)
                    Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villian (best album of 2003. still getting caned)
                    Bill Bailey - Bewilderness In New York (you can get the whole album from  here)

Okay, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (buddah @ May 13 2004,17:37)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ May 13 2004,17:34)]
                      Originally posted by [b

Right on!

Enjoy your stay then and don't hesitate if you need any pointers!

cheers
                      Cheers Buddah, will do.

Comment

diggage:
                        Mike Westbrook 'Citadel / Room 315'

(no time this last week for charities and so on, been Djing Saturday nights so no booting either - but hopefully a couple of decent edigs to arrive soon)

current listening:

Trifle LP on Dawn
                        CCS first
                        Sundae Times
                        32nd Turnoff
                        RJD2 new album
                        Express Rising album
                        Fairport Convention 'What we did on our holidays'
                        Micky Hart 'Rolling Thunder'

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ May 13 2004,18:14)]Trifle LP on Dawn
                          Is that a recent find, John? If so, was it pricey, been looking for it for a while now...
                          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ May 13 2004,18:14)]current listening:

32nd Turnoff
                            Hope you were taping (or burning - hmmm, doesn't sound quite right) while you were listening to this...
                            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ May 13 2004,18:27)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ May 13 2004,18:14)]Trifle LP on Dawn
                              Is that a recent find, John? If so, was it pricey, been looking for it for a while now...
                              I got it a few months ago after a very kind Soulstrut gentleman did me a burn of it - to be honest it was pricy, but I don't regret it just because it's a superb album - and I haven't ever seen a cheap one though there is an Argentinian copy on Netsounds (Latin Collectables, I think) which is cheap but possibly battered.

Comment

Working...
                              X