Funk 45 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funk 45 help

Bought a few 45's today and just wondered whether some of you guys can give me some info about them and values:

London Fogg - Trippin'/Easy Mover - Imperial

Alvin Cash - Different Strokes for Different Folks - Mar-v-lus

Johnny Griffith Inc - Grand Central Shuffle - RCA

Cheers for the help!!

</span>
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 4:50 pm on April 14, 2003
    Bought a few 45's today and just wondered whether some of you guys can give me some info about them and values:

Cheers for the help!!
    <span =''>

Looks like you've got a UK press of that one, or a second issue. OG is on Gold Stars.

Both tracks are decent, but I prefer the femme vox sleaze of 'Easy Mover'. An American copy will go for between £30-£50 (absolute tops). UK, I'm not so sure.

Comment

The only one of those I know is the Alvin Cash. A different track to the Syl Johnson tune but alright nevertheless. I think mine cost £7 from Intoxica (so I was paying through the nose no doubt) and needed a right darn clean - the needle was pulling crud from it for ages.

The name London Fogg rings a bell but...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Blimey, Greg's fast on the draw.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

</span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Belson on 4:54 pm on April 14, 2003
          </span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from llmod1 on 4:50 pm on April 14, 2003

Cheers for the help!!
          <span =''>

Looks like you've got a UK press of that one, or a second issue. OG is on Gold Stars.

Both tracks are decent, but I prefer the femme vox sleaze of 'Easy Mover'. An American copy will go for between £30-£50 (absolute tops). UK, I'm not so sure.
          <span =''>

Mine's on Imperial too (it's U.S.) and agree with Belson on the vocal side -the price is probably at the lower end of the scale.

I think there was some info on the group on the Funky16corners website.  A classic one-off recording story...

Alvin Cash is probably a fiver or so (good tune though but it's everywhere)

Gradn Central Shuffle is a later funk thing - but again, not very rare I think i.e &quot;a couple of quid or so&quot;

(Edited by Si Cheeba at 5:26 pm on April 14, 2003)

Comment

`The Imperial issue of London Fogg is the 'national' issue after the 'local' issue - definitely us, no uk on this one. Two great tunes!
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

the DT records bloke who organises the Black Music fair had a bunch of the London Fogg 45 on Imperial a few weeks ago for 20 quid...

Comment

Working...
              X