Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body building - werner muller

Hello again,

just a quick question. Werner Mullers lp THE STRIP GOES ON was apparently pressed in small quantities as not to ruin his scmaltzy orchestral career. Is that a fact or myth?

David
    God bless Fatso.

And housed in a sleeve featuring a topless woman covered in mini-flags on cocktail sticks, just so you wouldn't remember it if you ever saw it...

Err, it seems unlikely. It probably sold chuff all, so he presumably returned to his schmaltzy orchestra stuff pretty sharpish...
    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

I think it's probably rather unlikely - if anything I would have thought Telefunken/Decca would have pushed him more in that direction. For example, towards the end of his life, Percy Faith was rather unhappy with the 'poppier' material he was forced to record by CBS, but they told him either he made stuff like that or he stopped making records. Other orchestra leaders, like Andre Kostelanetz, were given similar threats too.

I wouldn't say ol' Wern's style was especially schmaltzy - try his version of 'Flight Of The Bumblebee' on 'The Sumptuous Strings Of....'; it's mental!

Just got the Werner Muller CD where I get a nice credit courtesy of 70s Kid too!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ May 18 2004,22:28)]I think it's probably rather unlikely - if anything I would have thought Telefunken/Decca would have pushed him more in that direction. For example, towards the end of his life, Percy Faith was rather unhappy with the 'poppier' material he was forced to record by CBS, but they told him either he made stuff like that or he stopped making records. Other orchestra leaders, like Andre Kostelanetz, were given similar threats too.

I wouldn't say ol' Wern's style was especially schmaltzy - try his version of 'Flight Of The Bumblebee' on 'The Sumptuous Strings Of....'; it's mental!

Just got the Werner Muller CD where I get a nice credit courtesy of 70s Kid too!
        Hi there Lord Thames,

Glad you picked up a copy of the new Werner Muller CD alright. Thanks again for all your help!
        Barry Morgan's brother is a driving instructor

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Glad you picked up a copy of the new Werner Muller CD alright. Thanks again for all your help!
          SK / LT - what's this ?? - spill the beans (and I don't mean on the toast)
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

A CD re-ish of two 60s LPs by ol' Wern, 'Wild Strings' and 'Percussion In The Sky' - they fall into the schmaltzy orchestral side of things, so most Vultures would probably want to steer well clear, but I luvvem!

70s Kid wrote the sleevenotes, and I provided some biographical detail for them - I'm really chuffed to have my name on another thing (after the Birds & Brass Licorice Soul single&#33, and my mum was dead impressed!

I'm hoping someone will do 'Latin Splendor' and 'Sumptuous Strings' on a twofer - probably his two most Vulture friendly albums, though I've not heard 'Strip' yet.

Comment

Working...
            X