X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the pops 'holy grail'

Heh!

OK I gotta ask......WHY?

I like the Undertones as much as the next guy but why is this so popular thats the best track i can see on it.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I think the point is people don't collect these albums for the music. They collect them because, well, they like collecting things. And if they have scantily clad ladies on the sleeves, then so much the better...

I reckon that's probably a pretty rare album - I've never seen it and I've had 3 Gentle Rains!!!
      There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ May 21 2004,18:35)]I reckon that's probably a pretty rare album - I've never seen it and I've had 3 Gentle Rains!!!
        In't it about time you changed your signature then?
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Consider it done...
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Once again, it's another very late one - the ones between about vol 80-92 don't really turn up all too often - indeed, the most gaps in my collection are from around that period.

BUT - by that point, Hallmark were using recordings by Coombe Music, which also appeared on Chevron and other labels, so the actual music isn't hard to find. The high price fetched by this particular example is probably down to some serious TOTP collectors with too much money.

Once again, I will restate that anyone who pays more than a quid for a TOTP album has been done up like a right kipper!

Comment

This came up on Weekend finds thread and I'm kickin myself. I saw plenty of those late number ones last thursday and like every normal person would do - left those where they stand...

Ok, let's face it. I see those all the time like every one does. Is only the later ones that should get and put on Bay or is there bigger collector scene out there so that every 10 cent TOTP should be bought and put up to Bay?

Thanks

Comment

I suspect that it's just one or two nutters who put the price up, rather than a major collectors scene. Once the obsession of getting a complete set bites, it can do strange things to people! The later ones seem to be the hardest to find, but I get a feeling the stupid prices are more a fluke than anything else - most normal people couldn't give a toss about them!

You're better off giving them to me...........

Comment

Comment

Well if you examine the bid history there were 3 nutters, so one of them now has it, leaving 2 unsatisfied nutters willing to pay £50+. So quids in for the next two people to find and sell copies but maybe not so much after that.....
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                    X