Vince hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince hill

Yesterday I picked up this record and it's arranged and conducted by Nick Ingman orchestra, 1974 on Emi. I really have to say that there's some nice tracks here! Sounds very much the same as someting taken from 'Terminator'.
    I'd just thought I should share some info

Always pleased to hear a new Vince Hill recommendation! And if you haven't yet, you really must pick up a copy of his 'Daydreaming' LP on MFP, replete with a swing version of 'Waterloo Sunset'. You'll never hear the original in the same way again!
    The Pop Music Library

Comment

And 'Goodbye Heartache' on his 'The Other Side Of Me' LP, another Ingman arrangement - if you're reading this, Wayne, this is one of the tracks on that tape I've done you!

Comment

What other stuff should I look for with funky Nick Ingman Orchestra arrangements?
        (Exept his usuall stuff; Gentle Rain, Love Themes..)

Isn't there a rock group which he arranged, with a cool version of 'venus'?

Was he involved with the 'King singers'?

Thanks

Comment

'Invention' by Soft Rock has its moments - it's Nick Ingman with Brian Bennett, Clem Cattini, Herbie Flowers, John Fiddy, Roger Coulam, Dennis Lopez amongst others...
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

slightly off topic, but...

does anyone know of Mr Lopez's solo productions? I've seen some stuff - 7" that had a latin type title - on DJM. I'd presume there's an LP out as well?
            er

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ May 26 2004,09:12)]What other stuff should I look for with funky Nick Ingman Orchestra arrangements?
              (Exept his usuall stuff; Gentle Rain, Love Themes..)

Isn't there a rock group which he arranged, with a cool version of 'venus'?

Was he involved with the 'King singers'?

Thanks
              He did some bits and pieces with the King's Singers. If you find albums of theirs from the 70s there are odd tracks he was involved in. He also did stuff with the Gunter Kallman Choir including Daydream. And Seventies Kid informed me a while back that he did a lot of the Geoff Love stuff. And then there's Portishead.

Comment

The one you *really* need is the 'power pack - soul cure' lp. Lots of funky/soul covers of classics 'watermelon man/I feel good etc'. Goes down a storm.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Anyone out there got a Terminator for trade? I&#39;m still hunting down this raer beast&#33;
                  Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (vibra @ May 26 2004,11:17)]Anyone out there got a Terminator for trade? I&#39;m still hunting down this raer beast&#33;
                    Sometimes you find this for cheap at the net. I found mine on Gemm for 9&#036;. Actually, I don&#39;t like it that much. &#39;Brass Knuckles&#39; which was originally recorded on his Big Beat lp, has a better version without all the electric guitar...

Comment

Come Together is good on Terminator. It used to be pretty pricey but Ive seen it less than £20 on ebay.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (vibra @ May 26 2004,10:17)]Anyone out there got a Terminator for trade? I&#39;m still hunting down this raer beast&#33;
                        funnily enough, the other day I discovered I had two copies...so could be&#33;
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ May 26 2004,10:36)]funnily enough, the other day I discovered I had two copies...so could be&#33;
                          Blimey&#33; I&#39;d best rustle up them there trades... keep &#39;em peeled&#33;
                          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (mokka @ May 26 2004,09:46)]slightly off topic, but...

does anyone know of Mr Lopez&#39;s solo productions? I&#39;ve seen some stuff - 7&quot; that had a latin type title - on DJM. I&#39;d presume there&#39;s an LP out as well?
                            He did a couple of LPs for Pye 4D, with John Fiddy and Barbara Moore arrangements - &#39;Caballero&#39; has a good version of &#39;Spinning Wheel&#39;, with some gorgeous production.

Actually, the Lopez &#39;Spinning Wheel&#39; exists in two different versions - the one on the Pye Quadrophonic Sampler has an extra sustained chord on the organ at the end, which the stereo Caballero version doesn&#39;t have. Does the Quad version of Caballero have this?

Never seen any DJM stuff by Lopez, though.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ May 26 2004,11:37)]He did a couple of LPs for Pye 4D, with John Fiddy and Barbara Moore arrangements - &#39;Caballero&#39; has a good version of &#39;Spinning Wheel&#39;, with some gorgeous production.
                              there&#39;s another 4D album i&#39;ve got - called &quot;denis lopez liquid latin rock&quot; or something. very decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X