Moussaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moussaka

I'm going on holiday next week, and thought that was a good enough excuse to pop into a few charities today to 'pick up some cheap books' ...

Naturally, the two carrier bags of sevens on the floor got a good going over, only to discover most without sleeves and in truly terrible condition ...

Still, at 25p each I picked up:
    Bruce Ruffin - 'Rain'
    O'Jays - 'Backstabbers'
    E,W & F - 'Fantasy' (you never know when the next wedding booking will come in)
    Barry White - 'Don't Make Me Wait Too Long'
    Peter McCann - 'Too Easy' (it's pretty poor - I bought it for my mate, called, er, Peter McCann, and it's on 20th Century, so I was hoping for super disco breaks, but alas ...)
    Bob Rogers & Playground - 'Take Advantage' (express dairies flexi - ILLMILKROUNDRARE!)
    Isaac Hayes - 'Theme From The Men'
    Owen Grey - 'running Around' (pretty much unplayable, but I don't have any Blue Beat, so it can always go on the wall)
    Space - 'Tango In Space'
    Space - 'Magic Fly' (there were lots of other similar era PYE sevens, but I hadn't heard of any of them, and bottled it basically ...)
    Santana - 'Everybody's Everything'
    Rolf Harris - 'introduces the revolutionary Stylophone' (spare if there are any Rolf-A-Roo fans amongst the vultures)
    Memphis Slim EP (surface noise louder than the music dammit)
    Sex Pistols - 'God Save The Queen' (not sure why I bought this - so if anyone wants it ...)
    Ken Boothe - 'Everything I Own' (with 'Drum Song on the flip - octave guitar madness!)
    Top Ten Club - 6 track EP - Directed by Johnny Hawkins, but pretty poor overall
    Kraftwerk - 'Autobahn'
    The Rolling Stones - ' Start Me Up'
    Shirley Basey - 'Something' (I still don't have the LP, so this was a nice suprise in amongst the Ken Dodd EP's)

Oh, and the above mentioned 'Moussaka' record, which I only bought for the tag-line ... you can guess what the music is like. It is a KPM Production though

So, fairly slim pickings overall - it looked like it had been a great collection - lots of motown, island, trojan, but all in such a bad state that I couldn't even justify 25p.For charity.

Tomorrow I'm heading down to play at Jelly Jazz, so if anyone is in the Plymouth area, come a say hello!

R'Funk
    FunkyDown
    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Mr Rubberfunk - if you want a copy of Shirley's "Somthing" lp give me a shout - I have three spares at the moment and you can have one for free and gratis.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Bob Rogers & Playground - 'Take Advantage' (express dairies flexi - ILLMILKROUNDRARE!)

If you want to trade this, Im sure I can find something for ya !
      Matt Hero

Comment

</span>
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Matt Hero on 11:15 pm on April 22, 2003
        Bob Rogers &amp; Playground - 'Take Advantage' (express dairies flexi - ILLMILKROUNDRARE!)

<span =''>

haha Have you heard this, Matt? I found a copy a couple of weeks ago. It's hilarious. I love flexi disks. They had a very batter copy of the Ready Brek 'Footprints On The Moon' flexi at the same boot sale too.

'chicken, cheese, potatoes, eggs, take advantage, save your legs'

Comment

</span>
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Quote: from LDJB on 10:49 pm on April 22, 2003
          Mr Rubberfunk - if you want a copy of Shirley's &quot;Somthing&quot; lp give me a shout - I have three spares at the moment and you can have one for free and gratis.
          <span =''>

Yo, I've got three spares PLUS a spare alternative pressing &quot;Shirley Bassey is Really Something&quot; with the ill limited edition cover.

(Actually I don't know what the story is with this other pressing but I like the cover image better).

NO HALF-STEPPING.

Comment

I have three spare 'Somethings' too. Spooky.

Comment

i think the 'is really something' with the different sleeve is the US edition...

(my incomplete Johnny Harris discography: http://bongolia.org/music/johnny_harris.php)

Comment

</span>
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Blighty on 12:56 am on April 23, 2003
                </span>
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Matt Hero on 11:15 pm on April 22, 2003
                Bob Rogers &amp; Playground - 'Take Advantage' (express dairies flexi - ILLMILKROUNDRARE!)

<span =''>

haha Have you heard this, Matt? I found a copy a couple of weeks ago. It's hilarious. I love flexi disks. They had a very batter copy of the Ready Brek 'Footprints On The Moon' flexi at the same boot sale too.

'chicken, cheese, potatoes, eggs, take advantage, save your legs'
                <span =''>

Nope, not heard this one, but I'm a fan of both promotional flexis *and* Bob Rogers (check out 'Meadowbank' on their Coombe Sands Holiday Park promtional LP for Haven Holidays if you see it).

Current flexi fave is the one for 'Elegance by Avon' voiced by Patrick 'The Air Attack Sounds Like' Allen. Most likely in a break from flying around in the Barratt Homes helicopter.
                Matt Hero

Comment

</span>
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]Quote: from LDJB on 10:49 pm on April 22, 2003
                  Mr Rubberfunk - if you want a copy of Shirley's &quot;Somthing&quot; lp give me a shout - I have three spares at the moment and you can have one for free and gratis.
                  <span =''>

You got mail! Nice one - thanks!

Matt - I'll let you know on the Express flexi, I'm thinking of hanging on to it for the time being, but I have a couple of others too, so if I let one go, I'll probably let the whole lot go - so I'll keep you posted!
                  Rubs
                  FunkyDown
                  Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Has anyone got the other Avon flexi for 'Elusive'. Patrick Allen does another brilliant voice-over on a Simon and Garfunkel type 'haunting melody' - it's fantastic! They were done by music library Studio G, incidentally.
                    I'd be interested to know if anyone's got any others, actually - the only ones I know about are 'Elusive' and 'Elegance'.

Oh, and the best advertising flexi ever is 'Get Moving With Younger's Tartan' - if you ever see this, do not pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X