Eastside breaks ray mcvay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastside breaks ray mcvay

search on ebay for ray mcvay or the seller eastside breaks and you'll see vinyl vulture mentioned in the title and also a link to the site.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

I thought 'Sultana' was an A-side. It's on a TOTP album and I have a version by Mike Morton too. Neither of which are that great. In fact I left a copy of that Ray McVay in a charity shop for that reason. Then I read the VV review and realised I had been rash and foolish. Dammitt!!

Comment

Yep, Sultana was an A-side, and a reasonably large hit too.
      The TOTP LP with it on has just been reissued on CD, bizarrely!

I've bought a couple of things from Mr Eastside (in his Eastside Records guise) - good seller.

Comment

Yeah. I've bought from Mr Eastside too. Top man. I've seen plenty of those 'Sultana' 45s around too. Puzzled as to why a certain highly respected dealer is claiming it's 'scarce'. Maybe I should offload my mega rare 'Beach Party' and 'Something' albums on him.  

Finally I get a chance to use that icon.  

Comment

You want scarce? Try finding the April Orchestra library LP with it on! (I've got one&#33

Comment

My copy of the titanic 45 does indeed have Sultana on the B side, but everyone else who has one seems to have it as an A side...curious! maybe they flipped it after jimmy young played the wrong side by mistake or summat...

that McVay LP is my own personal 'Hammond Gold' at the mo'...got some spares if anyone needs one.

Comment

'Sultana' is the B side to 'Sing Fool Sing' on my copy of the 45, too...

On the subject of Ray McVay, I noticed Rob had a copy of one by him featuring a 'Theme From Shaft' that isn't featured on Ray's LoL page...got distracted by some Bollywood LPs, but maybe I should pick it up?
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]I noticed Rob had a copy of one by him featuring a 'Theme From Shaft' that isn't featured on Ray's LoL page
                If was was called 'Roadshow' then I'd run back for it (I just can't remember if Shaft is on it) - one of the best versions of 2001 - EVER!
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 04 2004,11:21)]If was was called 'Roadshow' then I'd run back for it (I just can't remember if Shaft is on it) - one of the best versions of 2001 - EVER!
                  'shaft' is on there, so is 2001 as lee says, also a mcvay pop at 'popcorn' and an original called 'everybody get ready' featuring some nice fuzz guitar and some 'whoops' from the backing singers (obviously at a loose end, so thought they had to at least do something). i comped that track last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (wooly @ June 03 2004,12:29)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 04 2004,11:21)]If was was called 'Roadshow' then I'd run back for it (I just can't remember if Shaft is on it) - one of the best versions of 2001 - EVER!
                    'shaft' is on there, so is 2001 as lee says, also a mcvay pop at 'popcorn' and an original called 'everybody get ready' featuring some nice fuzz guitar and some 'whoops' from the backing singers (obviously at a loose end, so thought they had to at least do something). i comped that track last summer.
                    Well, if I can relocate it in the freshly unearthed (and mostly disappointingly bereft) cheese box in Rob's increasingly (well, relatively - and a bit disconcertingly) 'tidy' shop I shall make sure I spend my £1.50 or whatever next time round. Afraid Ray was no match for 'Gopaal Krishna', 'Do Hawaldar' and 'Sarkari Mehman' at £1.80 each last time I was in there, though...
                    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Wayne - I'm gonna be in Notts this weekend, so will be in Robs - I'M DREADING IT !!! I can't imagine what his new look tidy shop will be like !

If you are gonna be in town (Sat lunchtime I guess) drop me an email / PM this afto with your contact details and we'll hook up in Robs for a quick chat if yer fancy... I'll send you a text or something...

What about Bennie (V) - are you about tomorrow Sir... ?
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (wayne @ June 04 2004,12:23)]Afraid Ray was no match for 'Gopaal Krishna', 'Do Hawaldar' and 'Sarkari Mehman' at £1.80 each last time I was in there, though...
                        you old bugger!

that's it, i give up.

email this afternoon, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ June 03 2004,13:25)]Wayne - I'm gonna be in Notts this weekend, so will be in Robs - I'M DREADING IT !!! I can't imagine what his new look tidy shop will be like !

If you are gonna be in town, drop me an email / PM this afto with your contact details and we'll hook up in Robs for a quick chat if yer fancy...

Whay about Bennie (V) - are you about tomorrow Sir... ?
                          Uh...well, he's sort of piled the boxes up inside the door in ROWS. If you're expecting to see racks or shelves, really, don't get your hopes up! It might've been 'tidied' a bit, but it's still Rob's...

Afraid I won't be in town tomorrow much, though - will hit the Cattle Market in the morning then am obligated to work on my new allotment all afternoon. Still, if you're going to be about sort of 12 - 1 ish, could try to hook something up somewhere.

Third weekend at the allotment, by the way: after building a gate the first, and re-roofing the greenhouse last weekend, I'm building a compost bin, and starting to sort out the fencing tomorrow...

You're all welcome to pop over for a spot of 'digging' if you like, though. This rain should've softened up the ground just nicely...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ June 04 2004,09:53)]My copy of the titanic 45 does indeed have Sultana on the B side, but everyone else who has one seems to have it as an A side...curious! maybe they flipped it after jimmy young played the wrong side by mistake or summat...

that McVay LP is my own personal 'Hammond Gold' at the mo'...got some spares if anyone needs one.
                            My friend who runs a record shop let me look in there smelly basement where there is 2 huge filling cabinets choc full of 7's, I found a few gems and there was 6 copies of 'sultana' by titantic.
                            I got 2 of 'em but I can go and get them all if anyone wants a copy.
                            All for 10p a go.Not bad.
                            there only noodles michael...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (BONBON @ June 04 2004,12:55)]My friend who runs a record shop let me look in there smelly basement where there is 2 huge filling cabinets choc full of 7's, I found a few gems and there was 6 copies of 'sultana' by titantic.
                              I got 2 of 'em but I can go and get them all if anyone wants a copy.
                              All for 10p a go.Not bad.
                              10p a go? i'd like one!

Comment

Working...
                              X