Sorry to be a bit dim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to be a bit dim

I may well be slow on the uptake, but can someone satisfy my curiosity?

1) Which one of you fellas is 'The Baron' (and, no, that isn't a cue for Spartacus-like multiple claims&#33?

2) Where's 'Fish City'? Is it Hull? Grimsby (a town isn't it?)? Aberdeen?

3) How can anyone diss 'Ragtime'? "I'm Maggie (dum de dum de dum de dum dum) and I'm Fred! Raaagtime (doo dee dee doo), it's Raaagtime!" etc

4) Where the fuck has Jack Diamond disappeared to? Have we scared him off with our liberal use of irony/sarcasm?

Friday eh? Fantastic.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

I may well be slow on the uptake, but can someone satisfy my curiosity?

as it was you who intoduced me to this board ben... could you tell me how to put a picture of an lp (or cartoon in your case) under your name.
    (sorry i missed the Cos on t'bay. i was on-it till the bottle kicked in)
    kraut rock ist nicht tot!
    http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
    http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ June 04 2004,11:45)]I may well be slow on the uptake, but can someone satisfy my curiosity?

as it was you who intoduced me to this board ben... could you tell me how to put a picture of an lp (or cartoon in your case) under your name.
      (sorry i missed the Cos on t'bay. i was on-it till the bottle kicked in)
      Click on 'Your Control Panel' (top left) the 'personal info' then 'avatar options'.

Comment

I think there are better techies on here than me. I remember struggling to get Keyop on there for a while!

I really must change the pic soon actually.

Never mind about Cos. I've got it on minidisc anyway if you want to check it out. Someone could burn you a CD or something - I don't know how these things work.

I'll hopefully do more auctions soon, so get your bottle topped up!
        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

1). Chris Vulture
          2). Erm, Atlantis?
          3). Dunno.
          4). You mean you missed the only proper bitch fight we've ever had on here?!? We should have archived that.  
          5). Click on Your Control Panel (underneath Welcome DOKO*ENO at the top of the page), click on Personal Info, click on Avatar Options and then follow the instructions...

Duh, wot Blighty, 'The Fastest Mouse In The West', sed.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Morning Ben

1. That's Chris Vulture.

2. Dunno

3. I don't remember the programme but the I enjoyed the record the Baron played me (don't know if it was found in Fish City though)

4. Beamed up back to his own world?

A couple of questions of my own

1. What's that LP Mr Votel's on about?

2. Wasn't 70ish quid really cheap for that copy of Xingu on Ebay last night?

3. Is it time to go home yet?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 04 2004,11:55)]1. What's that LP Mr Votel's on about?
              Shhh. Cos 'Precambrian Car Crash' or summat.
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 04 2004,11:55)]3. Is it time to go home yet?
                Oh, and no, but it is time for a pub lunch...

Comment

Jack D was banned from the board when he went loopy on his meds and starting calling people nasty words.

Fish city is grimsby? ???
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Sorry Mr V. Didn&#39;t twig who you was.

Obviously, the minidisc thing is redundant then&#33;

The LP is &#39;Pre-menstrual BMX Pilfering&#39; Lee, which I already sorted you with.
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]The LP is &#39;Pre-menstrual BMX Pilfering&#39; Lee, which I already sorted you with.
                      Aye - I ken that one - lovely stuff. I meant Kim jung mi?

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]Oh, and no, but it is time for a pub lunch...
                      Hurrah&#33;&#33;
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Aye - I ken that one - lovely stuff. I meant Kim jung mi?
                        Dunno - wasn&#39;t he in the Water Margin?&#33; Or was that Ho Chi Minh (sing me a song of the Tet now)?

I&#39;m losing the will to go on&#33; No pub lunch for me, still on my rations of bananas and Ryvita. When will the fatness end?&#33;

Bollocks, I&#39;ll get off down to Rob&#39;s in a bit and stand next to him to make myself feel better&#33;
                        Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 04 2004,12:14)]Jack D was banned from the board when he went loopy on his meds and starting calling people nasty words.

Fish city is grimsby? ???
                          and isn&#39;t the Haddock quarter of said city Charlton?
                          Er, Mark Fish is based there too....
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

hahaha &#33; Chris was penned &quot;The Baron&quot; as his first writings (on another website) were all about Krautrock, hence the moniker.

Fish city isn&#39;t Grimsby, but another NE city dear to both Chris and my hearts...

Jack Diamond had to go. Full stop.
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I can vaguely remember some sort of kerfuffle with Jack D, but it didn&#39;t seem to get above the toy-throwing and taking-the-ball-home stages? Maybe I&#39;m more tolerant when it comes to mud-slinging and abuse&#33;

Some of the stuff he used to come out with made me piss though, the &#39;medication&#39; allusion is about right. Perhaps Nurse Ratched stopped him from playing with his computer?

Easy enough to deal with on the &#39;Bay though, but I used to laugh at his step-by-step instructions on &#39;How to pack a record&#39;&#33; Fuck&#39;s sake&#33; What next? Shoelace tying?
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X