Intersound/sonoton question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersound/sonoton question

I've got a couple of intersound records, and I'm wondering if this is a library label?

Is sonoton related to intersound in any way?

And by the way, I can't understand why anybody wants to buy this collection:

Worlds Worst Record Collection

yes, a german library - i've got a few 7"s from the mid-late 70s on intersound. i believe there's a link between them and sonoton, although lord t or serms will be able to elaborate on that.

Comment

Who the hell put Colosseum's 'Morituri Te Salutant' in that world's worst record collection? Not only is it fab, it's also worth a couple of bob too!

Intersound are a bit of a strange bird - they are linked to Sonoton, and they are a library label, but bizarrely they also seem to have done some commercial released too. They've also had some quite well-known artists record for them, like Billy May, Xavier Cugat and others. There was also some kind of prog rock album released on Intersound by Alan Parker and Ray Russell (can't remember the band name, alas) which I really want to hear!

Comment

I got a bit excited a couple of months ago when I discovered some intersound 7"s inside the sleaves of some sonotons I had had for a while. Sadly they were amongst the worst library records I have ever heard.
        Quite dissapointing
        www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Why do smiley faces never work when I try to use them? This has happen before, I think computers really hate me. Never mind.

Comment

it depends on what you're looking for. the intersound stuff has quite a pumped-up slick-ass kind of sound, quite late 70s. i think lord t and i like that kind of thing, but we're in a minority!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (green man @ June 05 2004,12:46)]Why do smiley faces never work when I try to use them? This has happen before, I think computers really hate me. Never mind.
              You need to leave a space either side of them Tom (or simply use the clickable smilies at the left hand side ). And show your computer know fear, they can smell it...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

If you've still got those Intersound 7"s, I'll have them!

Wooly's probably right - they've got a very typical German library sound, which may not be to everyone's taste. Most of the best Sonoton material was released over here on the Conroy label, and its various offshoots - Studio One, Blossom, Berry Music Programme Production series etc.

Comment

You need the studio one with 'whistler on the rocks'. One of the funkiest big band no's Ive got!
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

talking of German library, has anybody come across a label with a large letter Q on the cover. Had 4 titles many years back with some really strong tracks including vocal numbers. Wish i hadn&#39;t sold em
                    http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ June 05 2004,18:58)]You need the studio one with &#39;whistler on the rocks&#39;. One of the funkiest big band no&#39;s Ive got&#33;
                      Or Etienne Cap&#39;s &#39;Mama Elephant&#39; from the Studio One &#39;Trumpet Trip&#39; LP&#33;
                      A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (iueke @ June 05 2004,23:14)]talking of German library, has anybody come across a label with a large letter Q on the cover. Had 4 titles many years back with some really strong tracks including vocal numbers. Wish i hadn&#39;t sold em
                        This might be the Photoplay &#39;Q&#39; music library, who were actually British and run by the composer/conductor Phillip Green.

They had their origins in the old EMI music library of the 1940s, but the &#39;Q&#39; library did a small number of LPs in the early 70s that were pressed in Spain, with some very promising sounding composers, like Ray Davies, Denis King, Phillip Green himself and Alan Braden.

Needless to say, I&#39;ve never seen any of them but I really want some&#33;

The Etienne Cap Studio 1 LP was later reissued on Conroy - Sonoton have put a few tracks out on some of their CDs, and they&#39;re amazing&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ June 05 2004,17:33)]If you&#39;ve still got those Intersound 7&quot;s, I&#39;ll have them&#33;
                          It might take a while for me to find them but that should be cool, PM me and we&#39;ll sort something out.

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ June 05 2004,14:18)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (green man @ June 05 2004,12:46)]Why do smiley faces never work when I try to use them? This has happen before, I think computers really hate me. Never mind.
                          You need to leave a space either side of them Tom (or simply use the clickable smilies at the left hand side   ). And show your computer know fear, they can smell it...  
                          Cheers Rich  

Comment

Working...
                          X