Julie driscoll & brian auger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julie driscoll & brian auger

Anyone know what this album is like? It's on the Marmalade label form '67 or '68 I think.

Cheers for any help guys.
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

They're all worth picking up IMHO.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

it's a damned fine LP - especially if you can hook it for under £25.

If I was only allowed to have 1 Auger album in my collection, it'd be 'Befour'. Purely for the epic version of 'Listen Here' with four (4!&#33 drummers in the live recording. Superb.
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Many thanks for the info - I knew I could rely on the VV knowledge bank to come up trumps&#33; I hope I can help you out in the same way in the future.

Cheers&#33;

Comment

Check some reviews of most of the Brian Auger LPs. To me he fell off towards the late-1970s, but his earlier stuff is all very good and cheap too, at least here in the U.S.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/a.php?page=6
          http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/a.php?page=7
          http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Thanks Motown67 for your help. There&#39;s a shop near me that has an Ex/Ex OG UK issue (well, they did have last w/e), so if they still have it today I&#39;ll pick it up.

Cheers&#33;

Comment

Nice LP,
              Julie on one side, Brian on the other,
              Julie opens (no pun intended&#33 with Tramp, which is cool, then does a lovely cover of Why (am i treated so bad) with some nifty organ work&#33;
              &quot;Break it up&quot; is nice and uptempo &amp; I&#39;ve played it out before&#33;
              she ends with a cover of &quot;season of the which&quot; it has a lovely intro &amp; is crying out to be sampled perhaps&#33; I think the track is great&#33;

Auger&#39;s side is corking aswell, &quot;goodbye jungle telegraph&quot; is awesome, african drums, bit of flut and sax&#33; nice.
              lots of other nice moments funky/jazzy lots of organ.

Hope that helps&#33;
              http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
              http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
              http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

Hi Scriptfliper - many thanks for the info&#33; I now have this album in my possession I&#39;m pleased to say.

Cheers.

Comment

My fave Driscoll/Auger lp is &quot;Genesis&quot;. I have been looking for a copy of the lp with &quot;kiko&quot; on it for ages. Can anyone help?

David
                  God bless Fatso.

Comment

You can get &#39;Kiko&#39; on the MFP cheapo comp that came out in the late 60&#39;s. See it around quite a lot - next time I&#39;ll grab one for you.
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 06 2004,00:03)]You can get &#39;Kiko&#39; on the MFP cheapo comp that came out in the late 60&#39;s. See it around quite a lot - next time I&#39;ll grab one for you.
                      Yes, that would be great.

D
                      God bless Fatso.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the collectability of the mono and stereo issues of the &#39;Open&#39; LP?

Many thanks for any help as always&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Cameron @ June 12 2004,09:17)]Does anyone know if there is any difference in the collectability of the mono and stereo issues of the &#39;Open&#39; LP?

around £5 more in favour of the mono press
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Anyone on the board got the Julie Driscoll lp &#39;1969&#39; which came out on Polydor in 1971 ??.It&#39;s a really good record that doesn&#39;t get a mention.
                            -
                            You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                            but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ June 12 2004,10:25)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Cameron @ June 12 2004,09:17)]Does anyone know if there is any difference in the collectability of the mono and stereo issues of the &#39;Open&#39; LP?

around £5 more in favour of the mono press
                              Cheers - much appreciated&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X