Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet soul orchestra

Anyone know what this is like?

I think it's arranged by John Schroeder.

Comment

I dinnae rate it.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I'll trust your opinion, Lee. Cheers. If anyone wants the tracklist:

Rock Me Gently
        You Make Me Feel Brand New
        Sad Sweet Dreamer
        Sugar Candy Kisses
        Deep Down In My Heart
        Hang On In There Baby
        Love's Theme
        I'm Still Waiting
        A Million Miles From Harlem
        If It Moves Ya, Do It
        If You Don't Know Me By Now
        When Will I See You Again

Produced by Wayne Bickerton

Comment

Blighty - didn't want to put you off - you can have my copy if you are still curious.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Did this get a release on Contour?
            At least I saw a Contour with a similar title and track listing a couple of weeks back. Didn't get it though.
            It ain't shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ June 07 2004,14:53)]Blighty - didn't want to put you off - you can have my copy if you are still curious.
              No it's cool, Lee. There was a copy on the bay that didn't sell and the seller mailed me the tracklist but it didn't really appeal to me anyway. It's just I'd not seen it before so I thought I'd double check. Otherwise it would be Geoff Love 'Morriocone' all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ June 07 2004,15:28)]Did this get a release on Contour?
                At least I saw a Contour with a similar title and track listing a couple of weeks back. Didn't get it though.
                First I've heard of one - unlikely, as I think Wayne Bickerton was heavily involved with Polydor in those days (producing David Rose's CoS LPs and the like), but it's not impossible, as his company (State Music) may have held the rights to the recordings and licensed them out.

There is a Contour LP called something like 'A Touch Of Sweet Sweet Soul' which is a load of recycled MFP Hot Hits recordings, which may be the one you're thinking of.

Comment

Probably.
                  but there must have been some feed through of Polydor material into Contour? There is a LP isn't there?
                  It ain't shakey

Comment

Working...
                  X