X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folk

I have two main wants on a folk tip:

Del Richardson LP & Christine Harwood.

I really want a Tree's Garden of Jane Delaney on Orig.

Does any one have Mellow Candle think it's called Swaddling Songs, would really like to hear it as it was a top draw acid folk LP 10 years ago when I started getting alt list's........

Drop the knowledge...................
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ June 08 2004,23:29)]Christine Harwood.
    Mad!

I'm listening to this right now!

Good luck on this joint, it's fierce tough to track and my personal copy took me around five times longer than ANYTHING else has taken me to snag.

I caught a few decent prog-psych-hippy bits on CD last year in a charity. I grabbed the Tree's LP & the Mellow Candle but once gain, on CD.

I would be very happy to burn you a copy of each and post them out to ya since you seem  like a nice fella and have, I believe, very good taste  

I was raised by wolves

Comment

The Mellow Candle is actually very, very nice indeed but I cant think of anythig I'd link it to right now, it'sbeen a few months since i heard it.
      I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ June 08 2004,23:34)]
        Originally posted by [b
        Mad!

Good luck on this joint, it's fierce tough to track and my personal copy took me around five times longer than ANYTHING else has taken me to snag.

I caught a few decent prog-psych-hippy bits on CD last year in a charity. I grabbed the Tree's LP & the Mellow Candle but once gain, on CD.

I would be very happy to burn you a copy of each and post them out to ya since you seem  like a nice fella and have, I believe, very good taste  

Mr. Fiend,
        Would love copies of those two, very kinda of you. PM me & we can hook it up.
        Whats the Mellow Candle LP like? Super Good or Just Good.
        & have you any other recommendations??

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ June 08 2004,23:34)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Mad!

Double spooky weirdness - I've just this instant ordered 2 copies of the CD from a website in the States after talking to Fingersports about it...

Maybe it's digging karma? Maybe someone's excavating one right now!

Anyone else digging that Gather In The Mushrooms compilation CD? Sallyangie, Vashti Bunyan, Comus - very nice indeed...
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

chris harwood is one of my alltime faves...3 questions...
            1. whats the 'yes' connection?
            2. what other lps are on birth?
            3. has the 'gotta do my best' track ever been on a comp?

(buying heather jones records is getting me in to a spot of bother, i can tell ya)
            kraut rock ist nicht tot!
            http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
            http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Ive just sold a copy of the Sallyangie LP (the one with the Oldfields), it did'nt really move me, although was pretty out there in parts.

Comment

Gotta do my Best to my knowledge isthe one track not yet comped, but then again, i steer well clear of them compilations unless they are super hot.

I wasnt actually listening to the OG here, but a cut from it on mine and the Greenman's last radio outing.
                Don't know much at all about Birth recordings, I'd be mad suprised if anything at all resembled the Harwood LP cos it's just very, very special.

Shit which is cooking me right now is that there Sunforest LP, mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Deep, deep funky hippy dancefloor psych bizniz. Last one went for a lot of cheddar on the bay and a friend of a good friend just put Mista Lavelle onto it, so it will probably make it onto a All Back to Mine type superstar comp fool type blitz!
                And by the way, it is my personal ambition to play out shit like this to a crowd of very beautiful and very high people, dancing like sexy, slippery snakes, possibly in a tent!
                I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ June 08 2004,23:59)]chris harwood is one of my alltime faves...3 questions...
                  1. whats the 'yes' connection?
                  From a quick google it would appear Peter Banks played on the Chris Harwood LP...

Yes!

My "research" also unearthed a copy on a website for 450 Euros - ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ June 08 2004,23:29)]I have two main wants on a folk tip:

Del Richardson LP & Christine Harwood.
                    del richardson - you and me both mate!

christine harwood has actually been around recently - I've seen two on the Bay in the last three months and one on a euro set sale list last week (200 euros I think) - which is more than I've seen for a couple of years...

the 'yes' connection is peter banks (from yes) who plays on the lp.

'gotta do my best' hasn't been comped - I tried to put it on one of the folk funk comps I did for Harmless, but I found it impossible to track down the copyright holders. Please be quiet about this track now, as I'm half way through ripping it right off for a tune at the moment..

the birth label is best-known (?) for a reissue of the roy harper 'sophisticated beggar' album (originally on strike, I believe) and about four other lps, none of which seem that impressive. I did have a discography, but I can't find it, sorry...
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]Shit which is cooking me right now is that there Sunforest LP, mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Deep, deep funky hippy dancefloor psych bizniz. Last one went for a lot of cheddar on the bay and a friend of a good friend just put Mista Lavelle onto it, so it will probably make it onto a All Back to Mine type superstar comp fool type blitz!
                      I'd hope he wouldn't comp something like that as his last mix CD was toss, ever-decreasing returns from Holygoof.

I'd be surprised if your mate-of-a-mate was the first time Lavelle had heard Sunforest as 'Magician of the Mountain'(?) was on one of the Nuggets of Funk comps back in something like '96/'97. So you know Vadim's got it somewhere.

Wouldn't mind finding the bleeder myself, but it eludes me in the wild thus far and seems to bubble away nicely whenever eBayed before going mental on the last day as psych heads get involved.
                      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Ive wanted that sunforest for a few years too. Its always been an expensive record on the prog scene so us boys dont really have much of a hope on ebay - best chance at a booter I reckon.
                        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Don&#39;t forget that it only got put on the nuggets comp cos (gasp) David Holmes used it&#33; (ssssssss&#33
                          http://wakeupanddie.com
                          http://weirdgearnyc.com
                          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

What DH sampled sunforest? On which track?
                            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ June 09 2004,09:43)]Don&#39;t forget that it only got put on the nuggets comp cos (gasp) David Holmes used it&#33; (ssssssss&#33
                              You sure that wasn&#39;t the other way round? That Nuggets Of Funk must be a good 10 years old by now. Was Mr H not still banging out the extremely dull techno at that point?

Having said that my memory is broken down into &quot;within the last 6 months&quot; and &quot;over 6 months ago&quot; - and it&#39;s still shit...

Comment

Working...
                              X