No announcement yet.

Folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with the comments on the Bonnie Dobson, great little LP.
    I had been after her Argo LP, not proactively, but has any one got it or let me if it's HEAT! Tend to think it willl be straigh folky dokey? but its all cool if it is.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

back to mark fry... (how does one quote) why the hell has the arkarma press got a wack-ass barabagabal spoof sleeve??? its always made me suspicious about the true authentic(?) origins of this LP.

Boney... if you want bonnie dobson doubles my man check your garage out, i'm sure you dont realise what youve got stashed in there (remember the Stark Reality 7s in your garden?)
      kraut rock ist nicht tot!
      http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
      http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ June 14 2004,21:05)]back to mark fry... (how does one quote) why the hell has the arkarma press got a wack-ass barabagabal spoof sleeve??? its always made me suspicious about the true authentic(?) origins of this LP.

Boney... if you want bonnie dobson doubles my man check your garage out, i'm sure you dont realise what youve got stashed in there (remember the Stark Reality 7s in your garden?)
        Second only to the time I found 3 copies of Gentle Rain in one suday morning, left on the back seat of my car & warped outta shape, but I was'nt fazed as I was rocking trebles at ma crib!!

By the way do have double on the Bonnie but been bagged by a young up & coming digger, word up rick starr!!!
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ June 14 2004,21:05)]back to mark fry... (how does one quote) why the hell has the arkarma press got a wack-ass barabagabal spoof sleeve??? its always made me suspicious about the true authentic(?) origins of this LP.
          Yeah, Akarma is a weird italian label...don't really know how legitimate their releases are.
          I got the first boot reissue of the Fry & I think that is the same cover as the orig...I' ve only seen one orig italian copy for sale ever, don't remember where, I think it was Eric Tuss list.
          Another fave acid-folk album is Simon Finn "Pass the diatance" on the Mushroom label. Really disturbing stuff.

Comment

Found this label on italianprog.com

Who did the first reissue (with the 'original' sleeve) of this then?

Oh and has Simon Finn had a vinyl reissue? noticed the CD is available...

Comment

One that hasn't been mentiomned yet: Malicorne

French early 70s stuff, very trad overall, but totally within the bounds of this thread - ethereal, dark, gorgeous stuff. Check the s/t debut and 'Almanach'... a kind of French Pentangle, really...

And someone mentioned Brigitte Fontaine - on a sort of french folk meets north african vibe, you could do a lot worse than check out the 'Vous Et Nous' set she did with Areski Belcacem, beautiful, spectral, haunting stuff, with some nice electronic touches...an aquired taste, like all her stuff, but nice.
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Lost_Beak_Fight @ June 15 2004,10:17)]Found this label on italianprog.com

Who did the first reissue (with the 'original' sleeve) of this then?

Oh and has Simon Finn had a vinyl reissue? noticed the CD is available...
                The first Fry reissue was an euro boot on Breeder-Backtrack Archives.
                The Simon Finn was booted in the 90s on vinyl and some years ago on cd.
                David Tibet from Current 93 has just reissued it from master tapes on cd on his Durtro label and I think a vinyl pressing is also possible...

Comment

I'm a bit late on this thread, but hoping someone can shed some light on this....

I picked up the UK folk comp 'Clogs' a while back at the boot, and there is a great Andy Roberts track on there called 'Richmond'. Unlike most of the other gear on the LP it doesn't mention the LP that it might have come from, but it appears to be from 'Urban Cowboy' on Elektra.

Anybody heard the LP ? Is 'Richmond' typical of the stuff on the LP ?
                  Matt Hero

Comment

mark fry again...
                    ive got the barabajabal sleeve and a purple 'plain looking sleeve'. ive also seen a folded (unsealed-edges) sleeve
                    which issue is which???

could you post a cover of the REAL og sleeve, i'm really intrested to see it.

Comment

which sleeve's this then?

a thorns reissue as far as I could tell(?)

is there another from the it original/initial (boot) reissue?

Comment

ive got that one (but its a reiisue, right? mine is) and the arkama one.
                        what about the cream 'foldy' one people? ethan in soul jazz had it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ June 16 2004,21:57)]ive got that one (but its a reiisue, right? mine is) and the arkama one.
                          what about the cream 'foldy' one people? ethan in soul jazz had it at the time.
                          I forgot to say that before the Thorns-Breeder boot, there was another one on the Solar Circus label (I also got a dope boot on that label, the Jonas & Einar Lp). That would be the one you're talking about, their boots were always with folded-unsealed edges sleeves.
                          I think the Thorns boot has the same cover as the italian original one.

Comment

Working...
                          X