Incredible bongo band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible bongo band

How does it sounds like compared to their first record?
    What's a fair price for it?

Back here in Finland I've seen it priced over the first one. I don't have it so can't say anything about it. Just saw it on some dealers list with 35 euros which might be a bit over priced, but it was mint copy.

Comment

"Okey Dokey" is a nice funky clavinet fiesta. The rest..pretty forgettable. Definetely worth picking up, but not paying big bucks for.

Comment

I don't recall it being very good, but I haven't listened to a copy in ages.

I didn't buy it when I tracked through it last time I stumbled across one, but then maybe my tastes aren't yours.

35 euros seems to be a bit steep though.
        He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Not a patch on the first but I do like the two surf instrumentals and isn't there a Grandmaster Flash approved UBB on it? 'Sing Sing Sing'? Not listened to it in a while.

No idea about the price - mine was a fiver about 6 or 7 years ago.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Yeah, agree with comments made - I see it on the walls of the likes of Vinyl Exchange in Manchester for as low as £15 these days. Did top £30 at one point a few years ago...

I think I got mine from Italy, just a few dollars back when eBay was

Musically - forgettable... Just a trophy LP at mine these days.

There's a 45 of one of the tracks, is it called "Kemuri" or something...?
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Awesome cover. Not a patch on the first LP though.

Somebody find the master tapes of that "Okey Dokey" session and patch it all up proper so it's not just 80 seconds long eh?

That'd be choice.

Comment

ok it's much more rare than there first one .... but it's not half as good imho
                you can't go better than apache can you ?
                ok it's been played out since the 70's and 80's but each time you hear it is still does it on the dance floor

Comment

speaking of the bongo band
                  does anyone have any news on jim gordon the drummer...
                  still in mental care ?

Comment

Thanks for all info guys! I've always wanted them, but I think the prices has been a little bit high. I decided to buy them both from a Swedish dealer, the price was about 20£ each, that's okay for my "student-economy"

Comment

Obviously when you have Apache and the like it's hard to follow up, but I think Return Of is still a pretty good LP. Think both go for around the $60 range.

Check the review:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/i.php
                      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Working...
                      X