• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray charles

damn......

Hey what's going on?

No love for Ray on VV?

Without him, (plus Sam Cooke & Jackie Wilson) soul would never have been invented!

I'd have thought he'd fit right in here. He loved many different styles of music - probably including James Last and obscure folkprog......

I Don't Need No Doctor, Hide Nor Hair, Booty Butt, I Got A Woman, Unchain My Heart, What I Say, In The Heat Of The Night - all great tracks

Grim Reaper + Ray = A Great Loss
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

i think there's love for ray on VV.

he certainly had an effect on loads of artists across the board. i actually have a couple of his 70s albums - very good.

i remember he did a really good tune on "sesame street" years ago when i were a lad, too.

Comment

No dice - Ray rocks! Funnily enough hadn't heard, but was only playing Johnny Keating Band's version of 'What'd I Say' on 'Swing Revisted' this morning & thinking I needed to dig out the Ray version sometime, too. Forgotten how good that riff was. Trouble with people the stature of Ray Charles is they just kind of become the landscape you're looking at everyone else frolicking about on and get taken a bit for granted...

RIP
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
        X