Russian bootlegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian bootlegs

this russian friend send my an "x-ray" record ....... did any else every seen this or got one.

there was a underground movement of pressing bootlegs on old x-ray pictures..
    play like crap but looks great.

mine is a big bang jazz record (glenn miller i think)

more importantly, what's the X-ray of? A skull or ribcage would be cool...
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I read about these in David Remnick&#39;s excellent book on Russia in the 80s, &#39;Lenin&#39;s Tomb&#39; - fantastic to think you&#39;ve laid your hands on one. They seem totally in keeping with the bizarre nature of most of what I read about the country. And frankly, who cares what they sound like&#33;
      The Pop Music Library

Comment

What a fantastic item, part of history... who cares what it sounds like...

Nice one Pokester, you truly are the king of diggers..
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

How&#39;s this for an idea? Personalised x-ray records&#33;&#33;

D
          God bless Fatso.

Comment

&#39;Voodoo Party&#39; coming out of an x-ray of yer own skull? Ooh, yes please&#33;

Comment

Sounds like something that might be released on Mr Hopkinson&#39;s label
              www.myspace.com/usofaudio
              www.myspace.com/detectivesofperspective
              www.detectivesofperspective.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ June 11 2004,12:52)]I read about these in David Remnick&#39;s excellent book on Russia in the 80s, &#39;Lenin&#39;s Tomb&#39; - fantastic to think you&#39;ve laid your hands on one. They seem totally in keeping with the bizarre nature of most of what I read about the country. And frankly, who cares what they sound like&#33;
                I DJed there last year (I&#39;m going out there again later in the year). It&#39;s mad. I got taken to a record shop in Moscow, a 2nd hand store, near a university. There were loads of album sleeves painted on the walls outside, but really random ones, which made it even odder. The shop was manned by these big hausfraus with worrying facial hair, and crazy old Russian jazz and rock&#39;n&#39;roll bods. I found a good Danish disco record in there
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (united states of audio @ June 11 2004,23:05)]Sounds like something that might be released on Mr Hopkinson&#39;s label
                  i wish &#33;

Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ June 11 2004,12:48)]more importantly, what&#39;s the X-ray of?  A skull or ribcage would be cool...
                    yep it&#39;s a small piece of ribcage i think.

would be cool if it was andre williams

Comment

i guess russia&#39;s records are pretty untapped. much to do with their lettering i guess. all the record pressing plants had also different cover art teams so same record may look different . anyhow, keep your eys open for this   there&#39;s alot of them floating about, its an Alla Pugatsova instrumental album, with crazy russian moog-synth and massive drums.
                      er

Comment

i&#39;ve got that one, have i played it you? slightly over-rated- definitly not worth the &#036;&#036;&#036;&#39;s it went for on ebay a little while back.. one (looong) track is ripe for an &#39;edit&#39; tho

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (mokka @ June 13 2004,20:49)]its an Alla Pugatsova instrumental album, with crazy russian moog-synth and massive drums.
                          I think I&#39;d have been tempted by this if I&#39;d clapped eyes on it in my local Oxfam on the strength of the song titles alone - &#39;Be Beyond A Fuss Of Life&#39; indeed&#33; Strangely good advice which we could all do well to follow.
                          The Pop Music Library

Comment

no mr. hayes you have not. only heard the mp3&#39;s. deffo in need of a bit of editing (or playing doubles ).

do you guys bump into a lot of eastern european records in uk? i mean, on the street level, not somewhere like resolution records.
                            er

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (mokka @ June 21 2004,10:17)]do you guys bump into a lot of eastern european records in uk? i mean, on the street level, not somewhere like resolution records.
                              Not generally (unless you happen to be Wayne). But there are large Greek and Turkish communities in the country and the Polish Air Force flew out of the UK during WWII so there&#39;s a healthy number of Poles too, therefore Eastern European records do crop up occasionally alongside the Mantovani and Mrs Mills in the charities. Locomotiv GT seems to be the commonest, in my experience.
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X